WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Head Boy and Head Girl: An Announcement Made at Breakfast
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:40 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Another morning dawns upon Hogwarts, the hazy Scottish sun coloring the gray stones of the institution with soft yellow hues. Inside the castle walls students follow their familiar morning routines, from organizing the needed textbooks for the day to stealing a last few minutes of coveted sleep.

Eventually the four houses file into the Great Hall, Slytherins and Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws alike taking their seats at the long tables girded with their house colors. Overhead the enchanted ceiling mimics the fair weather outside, a jovial sun suspended amongst blue skies and billowy white clouds.

A few enchanted notes whizz through the air, bringing laughter or blushes to their intended targets. House elves bustle about, ensuring that all is in readiness for another sumptuous Hogwarts breakfast. Friendly voices and grumpy growls blend together in a noisy din, one that subsides as Professor McGonagall stands before the staff table and motions for quiet.

With her usual efficiency the Headmistress makes a few announcements, among them a wry reminder that failed relationships are not justifiable grounds for hiring Peeves to dye your former boyfriend's hair pink, and additional warning against entering the Forbidden Forest as the centaurs have shown signs of unusual aggression.

“And finally, I have two announcements that brings me great personal satisfaction and optimism for the future of Hogwarts.” A smile graces Professor McGonagall’s thin lips, softening her prim expression for a moment. “First, I am pleased to announce that Miss Callie Bradley, currently serving Head Girl, will be transferring to the position of Gryffindor Quidditch Captain.”

A loud cheer goes up from the students seated at the Gryffindor table, with supporting applause from the other houses as well. After the noise subsides, Professor McGonagall continues.

“I am also pleased to announce the selection of the new Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Head Boy and Head Girl. Please join me in recognizing your schoolmates Gregory Smith and Mary Maywell as they come forward to accept their new positions.”

Cheers and applause, loudest from the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw tables, fill the Great Hall as Greg and Mary make their way to the front of the room. The professors join in the applause from their table, Professor Flitwick in particular nearly beside himself with glee.

“You are all welcome to come forth and congratulate Mary and Gregory personally during breakfast.” Professor McGonagall’s voice rises above the clamor again, restoring order as hot, savory food begins to appear in the dishes upon the long tables.

((OOC Note: Please feel free to post IC responses/interactions! :)))

Post subject: Re: Head Boy and Head Girl: An Announcement Made at Breakfast
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:46 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Nathan is quick to make it to the front of the hall, taking Mary into a big squeezing hug.
"Oh, Mary, I'm so proud!" He grins and gives her another big hug, before turning to Greg and give him a short hug, "Well done, Greg!"
He grins again, and heads back to the Ravenclaw table, watching quietly and munching on a piece of buttered toast.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:54 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

*Feargus stops mid-coffee-sip to stare as the announcement is made. Upon McG's closing, the coffee mug slips from his fingers, to smash on the table and cover him in coffee. He takes no notice of that, however, as he stands in applause, stomping his feet and whistling. Soon as he's able to, he quickly follows Nathan up to the front, crushing Mary in a bear-hug. He then turns to Greg and gives him a firm handshake*

"Thing's are lookin' up, you two!" he grins, "Can't imagine a better set for Head Boy and Girl. Bring your worst, Hogwarts is here te stay!"

*He gives them both a final clap on the back, rather enthusiastic, before heading back to his table. He notices on the way his coffee-drenched robes*

"Huh...wonder how that happened..."

Shifty are the eyes of the gambler...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Alexis remains seated, void of all visible emotion and claps about six times before her eyes move from lingering on them to back to looking to a tasty looking salad.*

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:56 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Caitlyn stumbles into breakfast, looking really sleepy, as the announcement is made she smiles and claps politely, then goes back to eating her pancakes, eating them like a ravenous tiger*

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:48 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Seeming almost out of it, Mary beams with pride all the while, hints of tears in the corners of her eyes. Barraged with hugs from all sides, she can't do much but grin and stammer out a few thanks along the way.

"...thanks, Nath."

She tries feebly to get to her breakfast, trying to play it cool. She fails miserably. As she reaches for a scone, she's bearhugged by an enthusiastic Scot, and the piece of bread is lost.

"Thank you, Feargus, this is great!"

As a third student comes to physically congratulate her, she pretty much gives up.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:56 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Wading through smaller students, pushing a few along the way, Hester pats the new Head Boy on the back.

"Good work, Greg. I'm glad to see you get it, and not some other #&¤!$%@."

Walking back, she continues chowing down bacon showing no more interest to the news.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:04 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Looking over at some of the younger students, Keeferson (sans normal hood) listens to the announcement fairly dispassionately - not only not caring about Quidditch but not all that concerned about prefects in general. Turning back to Caitlyn and some of the Hufflepuff students much younger than himself, he nods as they applaud the news. Ruffling Caitlyn's hair lightly, he smiles at the damsel warmly.

"So, another changing of the guard. Sooner or later, a new Hufflepuff prefect will need be named as well. One of the previous ones for Hufflepuff House recently resigned as I told you. The two head prefects - Head Boy and Head Girl as they are called - I am sure will be just as... \effective\ as the previous ones. Not that I particularly had distaste for Callie Bradley as Head Girl. Far from it. Just... you know my history with ports of authority."

Sighing once, he looks out at the Ravenclaw table to observe the numerous "baby birds" who are all clamouring to give Mary Maywell hugs and words of encouragement. His eyes narrow as he sees a few students he is not very fond of also clapping wildly and such, but he says nothing. After all, this is a moment for someone to celebrate. Besides, there's food in front of him. And that, as we all know, is never a bad thing.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:37 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Sierra definitely qualifies as one of those students annoying others as she stands ontop
of the Hufflepuff bench to gain a better vantage point, clapping enthusiastically while trying to locate Greg and Mary in the crowd of students. As Mary seems distracted, she turns to focus on the familiar Gryffindor. Smiling brightly, she gives Greg a cheery smile and a thumbs up.

"Well done, Greg!" She shouts, trying to catch his eye before clambering back down to sit on the bench properly.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

....Mai grins over at the new Head Boy and Girl and gives them an enthusiastic clap. She looks around as the majority of the students in the hall join in the merriment. She bursts out in a fit of laughter at the sight of a coffee stained Feargus hastily running up to give his congratulations to the pair and a rather over zealous Sierra standing on the Hufflepuff bench in her excitement. She looks up at Keeferson and Caitlyn who are sitting across from her with a wide smile and returns to her usual breakfast of nothing but fruits, mostly watermelon and strawberries and a glass of orange juice...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:10 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

To Sierra, he levels a comment. His voice remains calm throughout, but more than one head turns in his direction - from both the Hufflepuff seats and the Gryffindor benches.

"Sierra, why all this vigorous hooting and hollering for people that the majority of the students do not know? As far as I can see, they are essentially as anonymous as the previous Head Students. I mean, was there even a Head Boy until just now? Perhaps it is just me who does not see the value in this... `changing of the guard.' I don't know much about this Mary Maywell , and about Gregory Smith I know nothing at all. There's no real dossier on them posted throughout the school.

"Perhaps I am just too much the cynic for such things."

He shrugs once, eating a few spoonfuls of oatmeal with raisins, honey, and crushed pecans. He seems to be waiting for a response from Sierra or anyone else that can impress upon him the "worth" of the new Head Students. Then again, it could be completely rhetorical.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:46 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Callie, unsurprisingly, is absent from the Great Hall during breakfast as usual.

However, she manages to hear the news from the house elves as she stops in the kitchen for the ten free minutes she has after morning Quidditch practice and before her first class.

"Finally!" she beams at Sak as he brings over a sticky cream-cheese cinnamon bun and the muggle thermos of coffee that somehow gets her through the day. "No more staying up until 3 am patrolling the halls... No more trying to enforce the dress code on girls who think that everyone needs to see what colour their underthings are... And no more reports on my own house...."
"... I might actually get to sleep!" The short, red-haired girl starts laughing at the look from a few of the house elves - especially Sak, who snuck into her room on more than one occasion to wake her up. "I wonder if I should send Mary and Greg notes of condolence...."

At a pointed look from Mimsy to remind her of the time, Callie bolts her cinnamon bun, then sneaks a few apples into her bookbag before dashing up the stairs and on her way to her first class.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Zane's only reply consists of a crooked smile to Joki followed by him raising his coffee cup in salute.

"Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get."

Board index » Server » Roleplay