WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: OPEN~ Pre Summer Storm
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:06 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Lani finishes her food then calmly walks over to Keef, nimbly avoiding the growing crowd of youngsters and elves. The same elf that had brought her the food runs to grab her empty plate and drops it in the sink with the other dishes to be washed after this baking session is over. As her hood is back for the moment when she gets closer to Keef he would notice an odd buldge hidden under her long hair near the back of her neck.

"What do you need?" her voice is low, and a bit scratchy from not being used in a long time. In the clammer of the kitchen only Keef would have heard her speak at all.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Keeferson notices how well Feargus has commandeered the other younger students and nods to himself. More than satisfied with how that is shaping up, he turns to this new girl whom he is unfamiliar with. Pondering how to proceed, he tries to go for the "not-so-Darth Vader School Of Interrogation" with her... with varying results.

"First, would love to know why you have a hood. Second, and far more likely, I need two more large bowls, some various sorts of nuts - but not peanuts, as they are likely to set off an allergic reaction - along with various chips and chunks. You know the type. Those pieces and fragments of chocolate bars and cookies and other such things people would normally end up throwing away? I think the House Elves have a few bags like that. And by the way, the name's Keeferson."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:38 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Lani regards him silently for a moment then answers, "I have a hood to conceal myself when I don't wish to be known." She draws her wand and summons easily what Keef had asked for, catching the items and putting them on the counter in front of them.

"And my name is Lani, Lani Perian."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:57 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"Food tastes better with less magic, Ms Perian. Or would you prefer Lani? Doesn't matter to me as I don't use my other names to begin with. Regardless, we got some mixing to do. Get yourself an apron, as it's going to get messy. I don't believe in baking without putting some effort into it, and I won't be using outside contractors either. So I hope you have some strength in your arms there, as my beloved KitchenAid mixer isn't here with us today."

Keeferson starts cracking the eggs and mixing up the wet ingredients in one bowl. Anyone watching Keeferson's eyes would see him every so often glance at other bowls, as if mentally measuring off how much time he needs for each thing.

=======================

(ooc: I swear by KitchenAid mixers. thought you all should know that.)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:49 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

"Alreyght- Rowan, Caitlyn...mixing! I've got three bowls here that need stirring, then ye can pour them each into these three pans. Mai," he turns to her, grabbing the brownie pan, already poured, "Three hundred fifty degrees, twenty minutes. And after, either cream cheese or fudge icing, yer choice."

*he hands Mai the pan and looks to Keeferson*

"Three cakes and a pan of brownies, mate. What else ye have cookin'? I've got plenty of help!" Feargus grins at him.

Shifty are the eyes of the gambler...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Lani grabs an apron, washes her hands, and starts working. After a few minutes she gets the hang of it and falls into an old baking mode that she hasn't used in years. While she doesn't move with the same speed or strong familarity as Keef and Feargus, you can tell she's done plenty of baking before and knows what she's doing.

"Lani is fine, only adults call me Ms. Perian and even then usually only when I'm in trouble."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:58 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Mai takes the pan carefully from Feargus and nods, muttering "350 degrees, 20 minutes..." over and over reminding herself. turning the oven to the correct temperature, the small house elf Sak that had helped her before, follows her making sure she doesnt need help. She places the brownie pan in the oven to cook then turns back to look at the frosting. Scowling at the cream cheese she looks at the fudge with a grin, looking from the frosting to where she and Sak had gone to get the semi sweet chips from. As they were getting them she did remember seeing small bags of the GOOD kind of chocolate chips...the kind Gus said NOT to get. She grins mischiviously at the house elf. "Sak? would ye mind going and helping one of the others for a minute? I forgot something..." She sneaks over to the chocolate as the house elf leaves then quickly turns back and tucks away 2 bags of them in her apron pockets. She whistles a happy tune as she goes back over to check on the brownies.....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:16 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Caitlyn finishes up mixing her bowl and then starts on another , humming quietly to herself. Out of the corner of her eye she notes why Mai does, but says nothing. Instead her eyes sparkle with myrth.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:52 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"Lani it is then. Right, I will safely assume you are a student here or were, due to the familiarity the House Elves have chosen to treat you. As well, you seem to have some skill with the spoon and bowl. This... I can appreciate. If anything, I need to do something rather different with this cheesecake. I need to make it a dual layer. How good are you at cookie crusts for such things? I was considering the butterscotch and caramel cookie leftovers from last week. Apparently there is more than enough of them to create such a thing, but I would rather a second opinion."

How Keeferson manages to make making a freakin' cake into a war meeting is absolutely incredible. Even his posture looks military at that moment. One or two of the House Elves just gaze in awe and amusement for a moment. His eyes flash swiftly once, but that's due to the reflection of all the light in the room. Red, half-closed, and calculating are those orbs of his. (Someone really should show him how he looks half the time, maybe he'd lighten up some...)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

She answers almost immediatly, not stopping her mixing or hesitating in her movements, "I'm a seventh year here, but I'm not around the halls much these days... I've had a lot of practice baking and cooking in the past and I'm quite good at crusts, I'm sure I can use the ingredients you mentioned to make one that will taste quite good and the young ones will enjoy very much."

She doesn't ellaborate on where she learned to cook or why she's not around the castle much anymore, indeed not even looking up from her current task to answer Keef. While she is working solely on the bowl in front of her, her attention seems to be on everything at once. She's half-listening to Feargus and the other students nearby, watching the elves run about and keeping an eye on the kitchen door all at once. And all without making it terribly obvious what she's doing.

"How many more bowls will I be mixing, or should I start on the crust now?" she asks Keef softly, her voice seeming to finally be loosing it's harsh, coarse quailty and becoming much softer and pleasing to the ear.

Last edited by Kristina on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"Start on the crusts, I'll continue the mixing. Doing that too much will give you bulging biceps. And as great as they look on manly men like myself, I don't think you'd quite want the same style of definition in your arms. If nothing else, people will start getting scared you are going to slap them for practice."

It seems that Keeferson's mild jibe is his (rather lame) attempt to be sociable. His eyes focus on the different bowls, handing Lani an empty one along with the piles of older cookies. Giving her a mortar as well, he takes over the mixing of the one last bowl from her. Sighing once, he draws out his wand and sets the other utensils to a slow mixing figure-eight motion, wanting everything to be freshly stirred when he starts putting them together.

"Now then, we are going to need those three pans by your right elbow there. Mind sliding them over to me? I need to grease them up properly so everything can actually come OUT of the pans when this is all completed. I don't have any cooking parchment paper on me. Never really bother with it, to be honest with you."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:06 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Lani slides the pans over to him and starts grinding the cookie crusts in the mortar and pestle to make the crust. She smiles a bit at the bicep comment but otherwise doesn't react to it.

"I rarely use cooking parchment, the only times I did was when my siblings were cooking with me and didn't want to bother with greasing the pans. Of course they could never stay in the kitchen long enough to truely help me, but they made an effort sometimes."

Having finished grinding the cookies she gets to work making the crust, working with the same ease of long practice as she had with the mixing.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Jinx stepped into the kitchen boredly with three first year Slytherins in tow. He looked down to the two boys and one girl, whispering to them softly. The children calmly head toward a barrel and take several ice cubes out then return to Jinx.

Their eyes go up to the Slytherin prefect as if asking for further instruction. Jinx simply moved his hand in a sweeping motion away from him, whispering. The three children nodded then walked calmly from Jinx and out the door.

Jinx stands up straight and places either of his hands behind his back, grabbing his left wrist with his right hand. He takes several steps behind the students in their preparation of a cake. His face would be shrouded by his hood with an unusually dark shadow cast over his entire face as if there was a charm enchanting it.

Jinx walked the length of the kitchen once in observation of the other students, his feet hardly thudding from the soft rubber soles of his boots. He stopped upon reaching the end, his head turning very slowly in examination of the students. He then unclasped his hands from behind his back and shifted his weight a bit, staring at them with what could only be assumed to be his impassive judging stare behind the darkness of the shadow.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:44 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

The dark presence of Keeferson recognizes the subtle shadow of Jinx Sinclair instantly. However, he does not reach for the nearest knife by any means. Instead, Keeferson continues on his baking warpath with the same zeal as before. The only differences are that his back is a little straighter, and his eyes are slightly darker. His entire aura of cooking mastery does not waver for a moment, focused more on Lani and the numerous bowls before him.

"Well, my sister, Lani, baked a bit as well. Not as much as I did, mainly as she didn't have the same eating disorders I did. You know the ones: See-Food Diet, All You Really Can't Afford Consumption, things like that. Always been a bottomless pit, so I had to learn how to cook. My mother's rules, you see: `If you like to eat, then you love to cook.' Sort of was forced to take it to heart. And then when we started to get babysitters who couldn't even make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without ******* it up, I had to take a stand."

Sighing in remembrance, he pulls out his rosary and kisses it. He then makes the sign of the cross over the food, scowling for a bit.

"I never was a very good Roman Catholic. Being at this school proves it..."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:31 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

An eyebrow quirks up as Mai listens to Keef, muttering "Keef is catholic?" as she reaches for the pot holders so she can get the brownies out. The 20 minutes being up she carefully pulls out the pan and sets it on the table. She goes to get the fudge frosting and, grinning mischievously again, mixes the GOOD chocolate chips in with the fudge frosting. Humming happily and doing a little victory wiggle of her hips dance, she coats the brownies with the frosting, spreading it out evenly with a spatula. The humming turned into a little victory song which she sings quietly while licking off the remains of the frosting on the spatula..."I got chocolate, I got chocolate"... She sets the pan to the side, slightly burning her wrist on the side of the pan. "Oww....damn it..." She softly curses, looking down at it. Shrugging it off she glances over at Feargus, wondering what to do next....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Server » Roleplay