WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Of Horseshoes and Scars..
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

OOC: Parts of this will be journal entries meant for her brother to read when she returns home for the holidays, but anyone who regularly RPs with Jessica is welcome to post :) Also this first post will be a recap (what I can remember off the top of my head anyway) of first and second year.

*written in a neat but hurried script, as if the writer couldn't get her thoughts on paper fast enough*

Well I've finally settled in. The castle and grounds are much larger than we ever could have imagined Sammy! I explore everyday when I'm not in class and I've already started to memorize the locations of the more common areas and classrooms. Curfew doesn't start until 11pm but I'm usually up in the Common Room by 7 or 8 reading in the Girls' dorm. The curriculum isn't really that difficult and I'm sure I'll be done long before the year is over... *trails off to talk about other small things that happened to her*

*written again in a neat but hurried script, the style slightly different as if the writer has tried to mimic another style of writing and found themself somewhere in the middle*

Back again and I'm already missing you! I really am sorry that I can't bring you with me, but at least we see each other at Christmas and during the Summer. There was a dueling class this morning that Professor Moody taught. I learned a lot, but he kept calling on me and made me really nervous. Turns out I'm really good with the disarming spell and Petrificus Totalus! I've become friends with another Ravenclaw, Matthew Pace and his girlfriend Caitlyn Rosewood. I met a tall Hufflepuff named 'Keef' who seems nice, but didn't really stick around long for me to talk to him more. He did introduce me to a Ravenclaw seventh year named Kylindra Quigley who is very nice and even showed me where a nearby stable was, I'll be moving Sandy there soon. And then of course there's Rowan Theirin, another Ravenclaw, I usually talk to her during curfew or at mealtimes... *wraps up the entry with a promise to write soon and maybe visit*

Post subject: Re: Of Horseshoes and Scars..
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:31 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*the page is torn slightly and has blood-stains, the writing is barely legible it's scribbled so badly*

I was walking in Diagon Alley when some random guy in dark robes and a hood comes up and starts talking to me, asking me what I'm doing there. At first I was annoyed and my replys were sarcastic and meant to make him leave me alone, but he only grew more and more interested in me as time went on. Soon he was telling me that some kid named Samiar had died in the forest, I could tell he was lying and scoffed at him. After a few more lies about his name I got the truth, he -was- Samiar. I recognized the name of the student my friends had been talking about, the one who was suspended from the grounds but kept appearing there. I knew then I needed to get away from him so I tried distracting him with questions about the Darkness spells in the Entrance Hall and by Hagrid's Hut while I backed away. He told me that both had been his doing and advanced on me. He started growing agitated and said that I wouldn't tell anyone about meeting him or what he told me. He was very close to me by then and I knew I had to get away and tell someone, I hadn't realized I'd spoken aloud until he said, "I can hear you," and grabbed me.

He apparated us away to a dark and dingy sewer. Even after we were back on the ground he didn't let my arm go. He continued to say that I wouldn't tell anyone and if I did what he wanted he would let me go. He'd taken my wand by then but I wasn't scared, I was angry and annoyed with him. He wanted me to get his wand from the Headmistress' office, I laughed and asked him who he expected me to do that without my wand and without telling anyone that I had to get it. He grew angry then and said my voice was getting too shrill for his taste. He drew a dark blade that glowed bright red in the gloom and dragged it down the side of my face, cutting my skin and the muscle beneath as easily as I would melted butter.

I was scared then, terrified really and could barely nod when he told me to stay put while he went to find a friend for me. I held a cloth had had tossed at me to my face and crawled to a nearby tent he must have been staying in. He was back shortly with another girl I didn't recognize, she knew him though and was smart enough to keep her wand from him. They both left out the door but I didn't have the strength to follow or try to escape. It was then that I got a note from my friend Matt asking me where I was, the note started me crying and the tears stung my wound horribly which had my crying even harder.

That was how he found me when he returned, without the girl. He asked why I was crying then yelled at me to stop, I tried but could only quiet them a little. Then the girl came in and yelled his name angrily, saying he was a fool to think she wouldn't recognize her home-city of Paris and know how to find us. She convinced him to go with her, to get him away from me I'm sure, and I was left alone again for a short while. The bleeding had stopped by this point but I was slowly going into shock and the blood-loss was making my responses slow and weak. Suddenly I felt a hand grip my arm harshly and the crushing blackness of apparition.

When we hit the ground again we were in some sort of desert with an oasis nearby, he had spirited me away. He seemed more agitated than before and said, "It is time this ended," and drew his knife again holding it to my throat. I cried and gripped his arms with my hands, but I had little strength left by this point. Then he apparated us to a strange grove in what I recognized to be the Forbidden Forest. He threatened me again, ordering me not to tell anyone then was gone. I stumbled back from where he had left me and fainted at the base of a large tree.

When I came to a strange hooded man was wiping the blood from my face, I didn't know him so I panicked. When he said he'd been expelled from Hogwarts but didn't say anything more I leapt up and made to run into the forest. He stopped me and offered to take my to the castle gates. I didn't want to trust him but knew without my wand I didn't have much choice. He was true to his word and took me back to the gates, I thanked him and ran inside. When I was in the Entrance Hall I suddenly back very aware of my bloodied and terrible appearance and ran for the Common Room, ignoring calls from my friends.

So here I sit... I've wiped what blood I can from my clothes and necklace but I know I look horrible still, they'll be coming to find me soon. I don't know if I'll be able to tell them anything...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:40 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*the writing has become a bit harsh but still neat and definatly more legible than the last entry*

Things have changed in the last few days. Liss talked to me that night and convinced me to go see Madam Pomfrey about the cut, it was a scar by that point. It did little good but at least the appearance is muted some. Matt has started trailing me like another shadow, I don't really mind, I'm scared to go anywhere outside the castle walls alone. Even to the stable to see Sandy. I did meet a new Hufflepuff girl who was very nice, Lily Stargazer. She's blind but can 'see' people by powerful emotions they feel and by touching their skin. She hangs out with Roland a lot, at first I though he was annoying and a bit of an idiot. Now he just amuses me most of the time.

Keef has been acting strangely, I'm becoming worried about him. He grew very alarmed and upset while we were all in the dueling area earlier. He kept talking about seeing someone standing over there and at first I though he was talking about Samiar. We went out into the Entrance Hall but he got worse quickly and said to go find Liss and Zane von something-or-other (for the life of me I couldn't pronouce it let alone spell it). Liss was nearby and I ran to her, telling her about what was going on while Roland ran for Zane who was still in the dueling area. They and another Slytherin girl (Joki I think her name was) led Keef to a strange lab but chased Roland and I out once Keef was settled in a chair.

Kris is asking to talk to me, probably about what happened with Samiar. I'll write again soon, brother.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*the writing is much the same as the last entry*

I'm a third year now, hard to believe really it feels as though no time has passed. Keef seems to be doing better, but I still worry about him. A lot has happened these last couple days, Sam. I discovered just what Roland was hiding under his mask and I find myself thanking every god, known and unknown, that I walked away from my kidnapping with just a small scar. I even got my wand back the morning after the incident.

Samiar was caught and brought to Headmistress McGonagall, I wanted to witness that meeting but Roland had said some cruel things to Lily so Keef and I went downstairs to the Common Room while Kris and Tera took Samiar upstairs. By the time Keef and I left, Headmistress didn't want to be distrubed and Kris said it was curfew anyway. I was so angry I cast Disillusion on myself and ran from the castle all the way to Diagon Alley. After a while I decided to explore the area around the stable Sandy was at, while I was looking around I ran across Keef and Tera and joined them. The sun was coming up by hen so we went back to Keef's place and had breakfast. Tera left but Shay had joined us so it wasn't just Keef and I.

When Keef and I left a few minutes after Shay we ran into Brennen and Kristyn on Privet Drive. While we were talking Samiar apparated right in front of us. Once again I felt rage take over me, he was supposed to have be sent to Azkaban! I don't remember much of what was said, only the Keef was keeping me from attacking Samiar. Samiar left with rum, then Brennen and Kristyn went somewhere. Keef and I returned to Hogwarts, thinking Samiar wouldn't be there. We were wrong. Drunk and stupider than ever, Samiar was hanging out outside the castle gates. Once again Keef restrained me and we went inside. Again I don't remember much, but suddenly I was outside the grounds again and very aware that I needed to get away from Samiar before I did something I would regret.

I ran inside and straight to my dorm, packed everything into my bag (with the help of a few shrinking and weight-lifting charms) and left by the Floo Network to Diagon Alley. I ran into Liss and Sierra and told them basically what had happened. They assured me that they would try and get Flitwick to come meet me and that he would see to it that Samiar was locked away for good. Until then I'm staying at Keef's. I might train up at Durmstrang, learn some new spells for the next time Samiar decides to cross my path... *the entry stop abruptly*

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:51 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia, Jes' snowy owl, will be seen making deliveries today to a couple people*

~.-.~.-.~

To Matt,

Any news? I'm slowly losing my mind to boredom out here, there's only so many times I can read my coursebooks and my manga. I can't even go visit Sandy, I dare not risk visiting her in case he's tracking me. I've been going everywhere disillusioned with my seeing charm up. It feels strange to me, being this paranoid and tense all the time. I'll be glad when I can come back but I don't think I'll be moving my things back into the dorms. I just don't trust the security around Hogwarts anymore.

I've been wandering around the grounds at Durmstrang, there are a lot of interesting creatures here. I even found some new books in the nearby village that taught me a couple spells I didn't know. They're a bit dark in nature, so I won't use them unless absolutely necessary.

I saw you and Cait in Diagon, I'm sorry I didn't show myself to you but I just don't want to risk it right now. He didn't attack me outside the gates because there were so many people, I'm quite sure.

Take care Matt,
~Jessie

~.-.~.-~

~.-.~.-.~

To Cait,

Hey Cait, I saw you and Matt in Diagon a few days ago. Did you guys finish third year already? If you did congrats! I've mainly been wandering the grounds in and around Durmstrang, it's a bit cold up here but very interesting. Seems to be a lot of undead critters though, a bit nasty but not to tough to avoid if I really want to.

I really hope I'll see you soon, I miss talking to you and hanging out in the Commons.

Take care,
~Jessie

~.-.~.-.~

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:57 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*written in her journal to her brother*

Well Sam, I've been doing my best to keep busy but being away from the castle and my friends is a lot harder than I expected it to be. I'm using the time away to learn some of the darker spells offered at Durmstrang though, I can summon my own enchanted blade now and have an interesting negative energy spell that sounds like it'll be helpful later on. I'll be careful about using them though, I don't need the ministry asking where or how I learned some of these spells.

I spent a few hours sitting outside the Ice Cream Shoppe in Diagon a few days ago, saw some of my friends there but they seemed so happy I didn't want to put a damper on their mood. With any luck I'll be back at school with them soon anyway.

*the page goes on to describe the apartment she's staying in and parts of London they hadn't explored or seen as children*

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:59 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

A note is left on Jessica's bedroom door in the flat that she is staying with Keeferson:

"Dear Munchkin,

"First and foremost: never eat the last of the Honey Bunches Of Oats without letting me know. Scathach swears by those and when he dropped by this afternoon he started crying. It was very disturbing hearing weeping with a thick Scottish accent. I never want to be put through that again. Secondly: the laundromat downstairs takes coins - muggle coins. Don't use the change in the green bowl for it, either: it's tainted. Use the change from the blue bowl or the red one. That's why I have it there. Third: please do remember to leave a note on my door if you are going to be out late. I had a minor panic attack when I didn't see you back before nine o'clock last night.

"Okay, now for the important things. The main thing is that those venison steaks are for guests who will be arriving when we are not around. Leave them be, as I know that some of the people coming are horrific carnivores to an extent that annoys me. Any burn marks on the floor I'll take care of personally, so don't worry about that. Something else of note: the Fruit Loops you wanted will be kept in the storage area closest to the door or the right hand side. I have no idea why anyone eats those things, but I'll get you a dozen boxes. Juice, milk, and any other groceries I'll handle as long as you let me know ahead of time. After all, I told you you'd be able to crash here. I never said I'd domesticate you.

"Yes, I bought you those pink and green soaps you said you always wanted to try. They smell girly. As you are a girl, I guess they'll work for you. Don't touch the soaps in the black boxes. Once again, those are Scathach's and he'll start moaning and carrying on again. Kaylie promised me she'd whack him one with the Sunday Edition if he did that again, but... she hits hard. Real hard. It'd be like cruelty or something. Yes, I know you haven't met Scathach or Kaylie yet, but I have a feeling you will. When that happens, I'll have to tell you about how I earn most of my money. No, I'm not selling drugs (no matter what Donald Chapman says).

"Stay out of trouble, kiddo.

"Keef."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:06 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

the following letter is sent to Jessie's current residence

Jessie,

Things haven't been so hot at Hogwarts since you've left. Roland had taken to raiding common rooms for the girls' underwear, and Aribell has grown more fond of Samiar (again). I have even worse news.. Samiar is back at Hogwarts. He doesn't have his wand back yet, but I think he is supposed to get it soon...

Cait and I, including everyone else you know here, we miss you. I've been learning lots of new spells since you left... I've managed to control my Patronus (it's a Stag by the way) as did Cait (she has a Cat) and we made it to our fourth year with Rowan. We won't be doing our homework just yet, we figure to give Mai some time so we can copy her answers haha.. also I've been learning some spells from Mary.. she's helping me become more defensive in my spells. I learned to cast [Lesser Spell Breach] and [Dispel Magic] so I can maybe help you out against Samiar should you need it.

I really hope to see you again very soon. I ~will~ keep you updated until he is gone

- Matthew Pace and Caitlyn Rosewood

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:33 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*a note is on the floor of Keef's room as if she slipped under the door on her way out*

Keef,

I couldn't help myself! The Honey Bunches of Oats tasted a lot better than I expected it to! Next time I'll be sure to let you know if it's close to running out though. As to the change in the green bowl.. yeah found that out the hard way. And I didn't realize I was going to be out as late as I was, I got caught up at Durmstrang and was home around 1am or so. I tend to do my hunting up there when it's darker and the creatures are more active, but I'll remember to leave a note next time I know I'm going to head up there.

I wouldn't know what to do with the steaks if I wanted to cook them, I'm hopeless in the kitchen! Same goes for the burns. You're a life-saver though for getting the Fruit Loops, I've been craving them like crazy and I'm sure this will last me a while. As for other groceries, you're pretty well stocked already I can't think of anything you're missing. You already got me soap and I have my other bathroom stuff still from school so I'm set.

I'll do my best to avoid trouble of course, but trouble seems to follow me wherever I go so I can't really promise you much.

~Jessie

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:23 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Dear Jess,

It's nice to hear from you. I miss you a lot. Matt and I finished up third year and are now in our fourth. It looks pretty tough but Matt's pretty smart so he'll figure it out. I hope you are having fun in Durnstrang. Or however you spell it. We went there once, we'll kind of wandered into the woods there. It looked really cold. I hope you can come back soon. Sam's going to be returning to school soon so I hope you are prepared for that. Otherwise things are ok here for us.

We miss you lots, though.

-Love
Caitlyn

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:36 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*the writing is smudged in places as though she was crying while writing the entry*

Sam I don't know what's going to happen. I'm scared and I can't help but feel I've been backed into a corner. Samiar has returned to Hogwarts so I doubt I'll be going back, but more than that... Tera has taken him in so he now lives in the apartment two floors above this one. Part of me feels betrayed, but the logical part of me knows that just because I hate him doesn't mean everyone does and it's obvious she's known him much longer than I have. I'll just have to trust that Keef and Tera will keep him away from me, I'll just make sure I'm away from the apartment unless Keef or Tera are home (preferably both).

On the school front... I don't know what's going to happen. Even if Samiar leaves Hogwarts again, I just can't see myself being happy there anymore. Matt was stabbed earlier by another student. If classmates can turn on each other like this, what hope is there for the younger students and those who can't really defend themselves? I've sent owls to Headmistress McGonagall and Professor Flitwick, hopefully they'll get back to me quickly. Until then I'll just continue my solitary studies here and up at Durmstrang.

*the entry talks about Keef's amazing cooking and the amusing conversations she's been part of over meals here*

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:14 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia is once again seen delievering a message*

~.-~.-.~

Dear Cait,

I miss you guys too! While living in London has some perks, it's strange being so far from most of my friends and not be with my family. Good luck with fourth year, I keep hearing rumors that it's one of the worst as the Professors are preparing us for our OWLs at the end of fifth year. I don't know if -fun- is the right word for my time up at Durmstrang, but it's been educational and I won't regret my time there. I don't know if I'll be coming back Cait, I'm really sorry. I'm glad to hear that things are good for you guys, I have to admit I've been worried about you.

Take care,
~Jessie

~.-.~.-.~

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:07 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Jessica would have the opportunity to see this note which was (apparently) left for Keeferson:

"Dear Arkady,

"Yes, I know that isn't your real name, but it's good enough. I mean, that IS what they called you in the paper, right? And it sounds alot better than `Charlie Huang.' I mean, who made up that alias for you anyway? Ms. `Ereshkigal,' wasn't it? Regardless, there's something going on that you should be made aware of. If nothing else, Liam's been given official titles and stuff within the League, if you know what's I'm getting at. Perri's none too pleased at this, as it means that she can't push him around as much any longer. It also means that you are officially... in. Be warned, as both Liam and Perri are plannin' on sweepin' by some time this weekend. You're gonna be gettin' a talkin' to about Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, that school that your friends back inna North America are all holed up in, and all that. I don't think you're gonna like it much, either.

"Second, thanks to you, Kaylie's discovered The Spice Girls. I swear, if I have to listen to that bloody `Wannabe' song one more time, I'm finding a way to silence that squawker box of hers permanently. Complete with explosions. She found them on one of those sites you were talkin' 'bout. Them, the freakin' Pointer Sisters, some pair of weird puffins called Shakespeare's Sister... all of that. Includin' some bints around your way: Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette, and Celine Dion... and that kd lang one too. Don't you have anyone that isn't simpering or a tawdry bawdry o'er there in Canuckland?

"Third... Street Fighter. Heard about it. You needs to get it. Seriously, we need that for this place. Has fireballs and stuff. Want that. Badly. Make it happen, blokedy blokeness.

"Fourth thing, real serious like: people be coming to see you. Like someone outside of Liam and Perri. At least two of them. I think one of them is the quandry control and another one's that dame about your friend's fiendish face. Yeah, think they are coming in as well. Thought you ought to know. So if your little roommate's around when then come, she's gonna know all about what you really do for your coin, mate. She, and just about all of your friends if they don't already know. So if you don't trust her, make sure she's gone for the night. Send her off to Glasgow with some nice chappie for the evenin' or sommat. 'Gardless, wanted to keep you inna loop.

"Stay out of trouble, Keef. Serious like, keep your nose off them grindstones... and out of the white powder. You know whut I'm talkin' 'bout. Not that you do that stuff already, but stay out the sandbox, righ'? Things be coming down hot, mate. Be ready for the golden griddle to land righ' in the middle of the playground.

"Scathach.

"p.s. Kaylie says you should walk 'round topless more. Gives her the giggle. That and one of her sisters or cousins or sommat might be crashin' here soon with her. Good luck with that one, mate. So not my leagues! hawhaw!"

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*another note is left on Keef's floor just inside the door*

~.-.~.-.~

Keef,

Professor Flitwick and Headmistress McGonagall have owled me back about my homework, I have to go back to school. Matt owled me this morning and told me Samiar had been expelled so I'm not as upset about this as I would have been but I'm still not very happy about it. At least I'll be around Matt and Cait again, I've been missing them terribly.

I'm going back today but I'll be back on the weekends most likely, and of course if I just need to get away for a few hours. Thank you so much for letting me stay here, I'll see you again soon.

~Jessie

~.-.~.-.~

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*the writing has chnged slightly in style again, becoming thinner and more spiky*

Finally I've made it to fourth year, wasn't sure if I'd ever get here for a while there. I've spent the last few days reading my course books and memorizing everything that my friends and I will need to know about our coursework. It took a while but I finally found out where we'll be able to find all the ingredients we'll need for the potions we're required to make this year. We'll probably have a rough time collecting them by ourselves.

When I went to Diagon to buy my new course books Roland went with me, now I think about it it seems odd but whatever. Anyways after I'd finished my shopping he offered to buy ice cream, so we sat in the Ice Cream shoppe for a few hours just talking. You'd like him Sam, he's got jokes you've never heard of and he's actually pretty nice. After we'd finished our ice cream (actually a couple hours after we'd finished our ice cream) we decided to head up to Hagshaven and just mess around. Well of course we ran into a dragon. Now before you freak out and borrow Dad's owl again, I'm fine, that belt is becoming the smartest thing I've bought. Roland wasn't alright though, the dragon's fire had set his whole back on fire! He didn't realize it at first (how he could miss it is beyond me) but when he did he started running around like Mari the day before Thanksgiving (you know, when we avoid the two lower floors or risk getting trampled by a manic house-elf?). Finally he ran back to Hagshaven and leapt into the water from the end of the dock, his dog made me believe that he couldn't swim though so I jumped after him and towed him to shore.

I was catching my breath when I looked at him and realized it didn't look like he was breathing. I flipped him and tried to pump any water he might have swallowed out of his stomach like Uncle Pat taught us but nothing was coming out. His dog whined at me and nudged Roland's head. Well I turned him back over and moved to give him CPR. The trickster had fooled me though, he was fine! The second my lips touched his he grabbed the back of my head and started kissing me! I was surprised and jerked back, breaking his hold and now blushing like crazy. You know I've never been kisssed before so I didn't know how to react...

Anyways we sat there and talked for a little while then went to explore the area some more. Would you believe it, we ran into -another- dragon?! This time the dragon's talon caught him in the chest giving Roland a huge, gapping wound that bled horribly. Thankfully I had strong healing potions I'd just brewed in my bag and some Essense of Dittany that Dad sent me for my birthday (thank him for me please). The Dittany stopped the bleeding (I cringed at the sight, the blood was sizzling so loud it must have hurt really badly before it finally stopped) then I gave him one of the potions and the skin reformed barely leaving a scar.

*the entry continues on mentioning him kissing her again in the Inn, Mylina's appearance, her embarrassment and the trip to the beach before finally ending*

Board index » Server » Roleplay