WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Re: Of Horseshoes and Scars..
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:15 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia is seen leaving from one of the library windows, a letter gripped in her talons, and flying off in the direction of London*

~.-.~.-.~

Sam,
Sorry for not writing like I promised, but I've been so busy! 4th Year is really hard and long, and I've been trying to help my friends as much as I can. I've finished my own homework and now am just waiting for the final exam date to be announced. I've learnt a lot of new spells over the past weeks, including some of the spells Dad used to show us like [Improved Invisibility], [Stoneskin], and [Lesser Spell Breach].

I haven't just been working on school work though, I know shocker right? I've been hanging out with my boyfriend Roland, you met him at the movies remember? Oh and I'm still mad at you for making me go to that! Like I really want to watch a movie about a psychotic witch killing muggles. Anyway, Roland's been acting oddly. I actually haven't really had a decent chat with him since I helped him with his potions work a while back. We see each other in the halls and occasionally we'll sit together at meals, but he's kinda vanished. I think he's worried about this upcoming healing for his face but I won't know for sure until I can finally get him to stand still long enough to ask him.

I've been seeing Lani around school more often lately, I think Keef is helping her. She seemed so sad and hopeless when I first met her. I don't know if I told you about her or not while I was home, but she's the seventh year girl who was helping me get the more difficult ingredients for my homework. I paid her for it of course, she seemed surprised at first when I gave her the gold then just really grateful. I guess she needed it. Now before you send me a howler remember that I've got more gold than I can spend from our past three birthdays and what Dad sends me every month.

On the subject of birthdays... we're fifteen! I still can't believe it! I don't feel different but I think that has more to do with me feeling older for a while now. Could you do me a favor and go visit Sandy when you get a chance? I haven't really had a chance to go see her since this year started and I feel bad. Owl me sometime this week, maybe we can meet in London or something, go see another movie (NOT a horror movie!) or have lunch. If Dad's free have him come too, I miss you guys!

Love you!
Jessie

~.-.~.-.~

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:36 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*written in a dark blue ink, the script neat and precise and sent to Jessica via a large Eagle-owl that Jes recognizes as Lani's owl, King*

Dear Jessica,

There's no point in beating around the bush I guess, Samiar is attempting to return to Hogwarts. And I'm going to help him. Now before you torch this letter, just hear me out. I know what he did to you and others was horrible, but Jes it happened nearly four years ago! You've grown since then, both in maturity and strength from what I hear. I can also personally reassure you that Samiar is no longer a threat to you. I've just been speaking with him for several hours and to be honest I was shocked when I realized who he really was. It was like I was speaking to a completely different person!

More than that though, you know I wouldn't be helping him if it was going to put you or my siblings in danger. I wouldn't say I completely trust him now, I've only seen him once since I returned, but I believe that he deserves a second chance. I was given one not too long ago, and I'm much better off for it. Listen, you don't need to decide immediately, give it some time and think it over. Talk with your friends. Get back to me when you've decided what you're going to do, either way.

~Lani

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:26 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia is seen flying out of the Owlry window right before curfew with a latter attatched to her leg*

Lani,

I think you should ask Samiar about a kid named Steven Walker and what happened to him when he disappeared with Samiar not a month and a half ago before you tell me anymore about him supposed being reformed. I did give this thought, I spoke with a couple friends and unless you can come up with a damn good explanation about the Walker kid, I will not support Samiar's return. This has nothing to do with what he did to me, I'm older and stronger, I can watch my own back (not that Matt would ever let me) but if he's even remotely dangerous still I can't help you bring him back to a place crawling with innocent eleven and twelve year olds.

Talk to Samiar again, use that brilliant mind of yours instead of your heart and be careful! You don't know what he'll do if he finds out your support could waver in light of this new information.

Be well,
Jessica

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

-Kia is seen leaving the Ravenclaw Tower Dormitories with a letter tied to her leg-

Sam,

I figured I'd write to you before you found out from Mari and sent me or Matt a Howler. I was visiting the stables with Matt, hanging out with Sandy and Starchaser when something spooked Sandy and she threw me. I landed right on this huge boulder and busted some ribs and twisted my ankle. Now before you freak out, I'm fine! Matt got me back to the Manor and Mari patched me up, as long as I'm careful I'll heal up within the next few weeks. Honestly I won't be leaving the tower much except for meals and breaks from studying for my exams, they're almost here and I'm determined to get the scores I need for a career as a Curse Breaker.

How are you feeling? Have your injuries from that attack a week or so ago healed well? If Mari needs more potions send word and I'll get them for you. And seriously, don't worry about me, I'll be fine and I only need one hovering male at a time thank you.

Love,
Jes

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:54 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia is seen returning several hours later*

Jes,

What the hell, sis? Sandy has never thrown you before! And you and I both know it takes more than a grass-snake or mouse to spook her! You're not telling me everything, what's going on?!

My wounds are mostly healed, I'm doing fine and Mari's potions stock is hardly dented. Stop trying to distract me and tell me what's going on with you!

Love,
Sam

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia leaves the Ravenclaw Tower with a letter tied to her leg*

Sam,

Would you like to meet me for lunch today? We have much to catch up on and I could use your advice with something. Please ask Mari to have headache and hang over potions ready. I'm afraid I over-did the celebrating last night. Tell you more when I see you, which should be soon.

Love,
Jes

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*An unknown black owl is seen entering the Ravenclaw Girl's Dorm and then leaving shortly afterward*

Jes,

I don't really know where to start, I guess "I'm really sorry." I should have known what you were going to say long before you actually said it, we used to practically be able to read each other's thoughts. I guess the years apart have changed us both and we don't know one another as well as we used to. Still, you're my sister and my best-friend. That will never change, Jes, no matter what happens. I won't give you excuses, I think you already know my reasons for reacting the way I did, but know that I didn't mean to push you away or hurt you.

That said, I understand now and I'll trust your judgment in the future. Well more than I already did, and I won't heckle you to tell me what's going on if you tell me that I don't really want to know. I promise that I'll be careful. Dad should be fine, you know he can take care of himself and besides he doesn't know anything that's going on. Same as always right?

Jes, just promise me that you'll be careful. I know Matt's around and helping you but he's also a seventh year and can't always be there, he has his own classes and worries. Whatever you meant by you were "taking care of it," I hope that it works and I won't be getting another random wake-up call in the middle of the night because Mari's patching you up in the next room. Yeah, I knew you were there but I could hear Matt's voice and figured you were already being hovered over enough without me adding to it.

Again, I'm sorry Jes. Forgive me?

Love,
Sam

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*A large black owl finds Matt and delivers a letter*

Matt,

I'm writing because I'm pretty sure that Jes is missing. She was supposed to get here almost a week ago to entertain our relatives but she never arrived. I thought at first something had happened at school and she couldn't get away so I owled her, but Cole came back with the letter still attached to his leg. I've spoken to Tom at the Leaky Cauldron and she definitely passed through into Muggle London the morning I was expecting her, problem is she was there at a few minutes past five so no one was awake to see what happened to her.

If you see or hear anything, please let me know. If Jes somehow turns up, tell her to owl me! Or just call Mari.

Thanks,
Sam

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:28 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Kia is seen leaving from the Hospital Wing with a slip of parchment in her talons*

Sam,

I'm back at school and currently in the hospital wing. I'll stop by when I'm released.

Love,
Jes

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

She reclined in the library chair, staring at the open journal in front of her. She hadn't written in it in years, but now it was time to start again. With a small sigh she picked up her self-inking quill and began to write.

It's strange for me to realize just how true most of his statements were. I've been reacting to things automatically for so long, I can't remember a time when I didn't do things that way. It's time to change, I can't afford to just float along anymore.

Some of what he said made me angry, but why was I angry? Was it because he was making me look objectively at my and my companions' actions? Or was it because he was right and I didn't see it before? It was a bit of both, I believe. I've been complacent in my actions and in the actions of others. It was right in front of me, and I couldn't see it. Crow, indeed.

She pauses, brow furrowed, and sets her quill aside. After a moment she mutters to herself, "Je serai un Corbeau, un vrai Corbeau."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:06 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Her eyes were hard, almost cold as she waved her wand at the door to the Restricted Section of the library and stalked over to the chair she always used. She pulled out her journal and quill and started to write.

I've started to wonder at the friendships I claim. Are they true friendships, or just people I talk to often who know enough about me to hurt me worse than any curse. Of the people I considered a friend, I can think of only one person who hasn't betrayed me in some manner. But, what does it even mean to betray a person? Betrayal is a matter of perspective, what one person views as betrayal of a secret or trust to another could mean protection or sacrifice. And so I find myself thinking of a recent betrayal, did he mean it as a betrayal? Or as something else?

She sighs and tucks both journal and quill away, leaning back in her chair and thinking for a while before leaving for the Entrance Hall.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Jes glanced around the empty Common Room and grimaced, "Everyone's at dinner..."

With a last quick look at her favorite red chair, her bed for the last several long weeks, she went upstairs to the Dormitories. Without stopping she went straight past Karen and Matt's rooms, up the stairs to the girls' dorms and to the room she'd claimed as her own nearly six years before. A simple Alohamora unlocked the door, she never used stronger spells if she was out, and went in. She cast a stronger locking charm on the door and privacy and silencing wards on the room once she was inside, something her paranoid father had taught her a few summers previous.

The room was clean, almost sparse, it barely looked lived in. The bed was made and had a cold, empty look as if it hadn't been slept in for a while. The chest and trunk, she knew, were both empty she'd long before stopped storing anything she cared about in either. The only signs of life in the room were the plants and the small, sandy colored tabby cat curled up in the chair to the left of the door.

Jes smiled, "Nala," the cat looked up and meowed, Jes chuckled and scooped her up sitting down where Nala'd been and setting the now annoyed feline on her lap. Nala grumbled in her way for a moment then settled down and started purring, sensing somehow that her human needed the comfort. The pair sat there in silence, Nala purring contentedly and Jes absently stroking the sandy fur of her familiar while she thought about the events of the day.

'Things are moving forward and I'm no longer sure which path is mine to take... if any of them are. It all comes down on who I trust, who I'm willing to take a chance with. With this, I've lost my last close tie, I have very little left to lose and yet... I hesitate. Do I go ahead with my current training and hope it's enough? Or do I take the greater risk and involve even more individuals? Both paths will leave me with few options in the end, I will be in debt to someone no matter what I choose. So what do I do..? Who.. do I cast my fate with..? The silver-tongued serpent..? Or the wolf pack..?'

Jes sighed and glanced at the clock on the bedside table, it was already nearing curfew. Nala opened one eye and grumbled blearily as Jes stood, laying the sleepy cat in the warm spot on the chair. She moved to the trunk and opened it, pulling out Nala's food bowl and filling it before leaving it on the ground near the trunk. That done she turned and removed the wards around her room.

"Goodnight Nala," she called softly as she left, locking the door with a Colloportus charm before she went back to the Common Room and curled up in her red chair. She smiled briefly to Zeke before pulling the small vial from her pocket. With a swift, practiced movement she drank the pale blue potion in one smooth gulp. She was asleep minutes later.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:03 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

"Sam!" Jes called, waving as she crossed the busy road to join him at the Grill. He laughed and stood from his chair to give her a hug.

"Hey sis, glad you finally made it," Sam's tone was teasing.

"Oh shut up, I get out when I can you know that," Jes teased right back as they broke apart and sat down again.

They spent a few minutes looking over their menus and ordering before Sam fixed her with a hard look and asked, "Alright Jessie, how're you holding up?"

Jes sighed and sipped her water, "Honestly? I'm feeling so many things at once I'm not sure which direction is up. It's melodramatic and ridiculous but I feel like everything I knew and believed just... isn't there anymore."

Sam just sat there, waiting for her to continue and Jes grumbled a minute before starting to talk in a low voice, wary of the other guests at the tables near them.

"Did I tell you about Matt and Mai?" at his nod she continued, "When I found out I was... actually I was torn between devastated," Sam grimaced but Jes didn't notice, "And almost relieved. The choice was made, there was nothing I could do anymore... Then reality set in. He hadn't spoken to me in days, blatantly ignored my very existence and then all of a sudden it's, 'Hey Jes, how's it going. Oh, by the way, Mai and I are getting married.' I mean, what the hell?!" Jes glares into her water glass while Sam absorbs that.

"He told you just like that?" Sam's voice was incredulous.

Jes shook her head, "No, I'd known he was keeping something secret while he was ignoring me, I could see it. It pissed me off, I've never been anything but honest with him. When he started talking to me again, I cornered him and asked what was going on."

Sam nodded, "Well did he say why?"

Jes fidgets, "He said they wanted to keep it secret for now..."

Sam smiles, "And you run off and tell me first thing. Jes..."

Jes groans, head in her hands, "I know, I know! I just needed someone to talk to and since Matt seems to no longer be an option, I owled you."

Sam chuckles, "Nice to know where I stand, sis," Jes glares at him and holds his hands up in surrender, "Alright, alright I'm sorry. I know what you meant. Jessie, Matt's been your best friend since you were eleven years old, you've been there for each other through things I couldn't even imagine, but people change as they grow up. Maybe this is just part of that."

"So him treating me like a brainless fool, being a complete arse, and making me feel like I can't even talk to one of my friends, is just him growing up? If that's true, I think I prefer the younger Matt."

Sam smiled sadly at Jes' grumpy expression, "Jes, times change, there's not much we can do except accept that things change and move on with our lives."

Jes sighs and nods, "I know that, it's just... I'm so frustrated with him right now! And I'm hurt, really hurt that he's acting like this. I've lost my best-friend and now all I feel is alone and like my trust was betrayed."

"I'm sorry, sis. Why don't you talk to him about this? Does he have any idea what you're feeling right now?"

"Maybe... I don't know. I can never get him alone and when I do it's horribly awkward and I just want to get away from him. That comfort, that sense of being safe, is gone now," Jes trails off, sounding miserable.

Sam squeezes her hand lightly just as the waitress brings them their food. Both fall silent as they eat, watching the crowds passing on the street in front of them. Suddenly Sam's eye light up.

"Jes! I have an idea!"

Jes chuckles, "Alright, what?"

Sam turns and starts digging in his backpack, finally pulling out a notebook and BIC pen, "Why don't you write lyrics?"

Jes takes the notebook, eyebrows shooting up when she sees how many pages are already filled with songs in her brother's handwriting. For a few minutes she flips through the pages, reading.

"Sam, these are really good..."

Sam grins, "Thanks, look it's really helped me out, why don't you try it?! I'll even help you for the first couple and then you can do it on your own."

Jes nods and for the next hour or so they write. By the time Jes had to leave for her appointment at St. Mungo's, she was feeling a lot better and had the lyrics to two songs tucked in her pocket.

"Thanks Sam, I'll see you later!" Jes grinned and hugged him.

"Bye Jessie, good luck." Sam waved and hailed a cab, pulling away into the traffic back towards the house. Jes sighed and crossed the street, walking to St. Mungo's for her last appointment.

Board index » Server » Roleplay