WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Of Sugar and Ice, I am Made
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Classes are out for the holidays. A good thing, she thinks to herself, but this means going home. Also a good thing, in part. She'd get to see her dad, afterall. Secretly, she hopes the holiday season has her mother both in a better spirit, and with any real sort of luck, into the Spirits. Her parents wanted to have a quiet family dinner before the never-ending stream of guests begin piling in for their holiday party, one which is always open to any and all willing to attend. She sighs heavily as she approaches the large doors to her family's home, which swing open expectantly.

"Dad! It's been far too long," she drops her bag and offers an affectionate smile to her father, not hesitating to wrap her arms around the tall and somewhat imposing man. He squeezes his arms around his daugther, sounding a low chuckle as he pulls away to get a good look at her. "You look more and more like your mother every day, sweetheart." He shakes his head and smiles warmly, "Come in, come in! Ulrika and Ragnar have been preparing all day." He motions inward and she complies, and as always she takes in the familiar sights and scents of home.

Before you can say Quidditch, she is swarmed by four little hands, reaching for her jacket as they usher her eagerly over toward the large dining room, the table having been set for four. Having no choice but to go with it, she takes her usual seat at the table. She looks to the chair besides her, surprisingly vacant. Before can say anything, however, the answer comes in a loud crash and apologetic shout from the stairwell. "Sorry, sorry! I'm coming!" She winces and shakes her head before calling out a response, "Lovely, that, but nobody asked you to bloody kill yourself over it." The young man makes his way to the chair beside his sister, offering a cheeky grin in her direction as he plops himself down rather unceremoniously. "Good to see you too, Ro." She rolls her eyes and pours herself a glass of water. Her brother reaches for a roll, snatching it triumphantly from a basket in front of them. He, of course, doesn't hesitate or wait for the others before he begins stuffing large pieces of bread in his mouth.

Perhaps somewhat nervously, Rowan's attention flits back and forth from her brother to the stairwell. Her jaw tenses as both of her parents appear, her mother's arm linked with that of her father's, though she tries for a pleasant smile nonetheless. Without a word, the pair take their respective seats at the table. "Rowan, darling. You look lovely this evening." Surprised, Rowan blinks several times and responds somewhat hesitantly, "Thank you, mother." Her mother continues, "Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't brought a boy home since that Sinclair fellow." Eva smirks, perhaps challengingly, or perhaps even sarcastically, toward her daughter. Her father steps in quickly, however, and he cuts in with a cheerful smile, reminiscent of that of Rowan's own, "Eat! Eat. Rika and Rag are desperate for our approval!" And sure enough, they are. The pair of elves look over from their own tiny table for two, hestitant to begin their own meal before earning their gold star. And so, they eat, mostly in silence apart from Rowan's brother, who eats for three and quite loudly so.

Finally, Rowan speaks up, looking between the three with a small smile, "I've got a boyfriend, if you must know." Her mother looks about to speak, but her father reaches large hand over, placing it gently on hers as though to temper her. Rowan continues, "And I'll be bringing some friends over the holidays. You lot are always bothering me about that..." Her mother smirks and despite her father's best efforts, she speaks, "Oh? Spell? Potion? Money? How've you managed that?" Rowan frowns and distractedly shovels the last bit of her mashed potatoes into her mouth. Her brother reaches an arm around her, pulling him in toward her both knowingly and comfortingly. She swallows, shrugs, and speaks quietly, "I asked." Anders brings a hand to his sister's head, ruffling her hair annoyingly but affectionately.

The family moves to their dessert, and perhaps or perhaps not, in an act of grace, Anders takes what belongs to him-- the attenion. "Hold up! I've got -the best- story. You all ready for this one?" He grins around at his three family members and shoots a discreet wink in Rowan's direction, "So, I took Luke on a job with me last week, right? Well, -these- particular Muggles..."

Funny thing, home.

JBMT wrote:
And am I the only one who fears the whole monkey-tiger thing will end badly?
It's like Ravenclaws dating Slytherins.

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post subject: Re: Of Sugar and Ice, I am Made
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:53 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I haven't been a very good friend, have I, book? I apologise, of course, but I've taken to keeping live company these days. It surprises me every time I receive a letter from him. He thinks of me just as I think of him and in that, I've found a strange sort of comfort. Something in his most recent letter has me curious though, book. Is it possible that even in dream we align? I'll need to think.

By the way, at least one pleasant thing came from my visit with the family.

She smiles to herself and reaches into her bag, pulling out a small photograph. The two in the picture are smiling and each occasionally flash a wink or a brief wave. The resemblance is unmistakable. She slips the photograph between the pages of the book and closes it.

JBMT wrote:
And am I the only one who fears the whole monkey-tiger thing will end badly?
It's like Ravenclaws dating Slytherins.

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Server » Roleplay