WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Of Sugar and Ice, I am Made
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:49 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

All of that and more, book, could be mine to see. And anything I want to be, mine to be. Pain and heartache sacrificed for perpetual peace. That does not seem much of a cost. What is it then, that I'm missing? Beyond that, I could be seen or I could be unseen. I could retain influence. I could have all I ever wanted. Forever. So, I would leave them behind perhaps. They would move on, wouldn't they? There is more to this, of course. I'm not so rash, book, you know this. Nevertheless, something to think on until I know more.

Meanwhile, I am learning to control guilt. Twice recently I've felt it. Pesky, pesky emotion.

JBMT wrote:
And am I the only one who fears the whole monkey-tiger thing will end badly?
It's like Ravenclaws dating Slytherins.

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:08 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Damn heroes. Damn selfish desire. No, there was no justification. None beyond the unbearable thought of losing a friend. I'd made my choice. I'd made my wishes clear. "Leave him be. You're just like the others," I said. Ganged up on, bullied, outnumbered and forced to repeat history. The scream, good lord the scream.

One difference, this time. He died with a friend, a defender. I'll miss you, Elijah. I liked you better than that guy over there.

She sets her jaw firmly and pushes the journal aside. She reaches into the top drawer of her desk and retrieves her wand. Her eyes close and the smallest hint of a smirk plays on her lips as she relives her memories in silence. She points her wand toward the desk's surface and with a nod and a quick flick, Elijah is immortalised.

Well, it isn't in perfect likeness, book, but, it is how I remember him.

She holds the framed portrait in her hands for several long moments before finally propping it up on the corner of her desk beside the dagger that nearly ended her life.

JBMT wrote:

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Day three and still no improvement. I may have forgiven her, but I don't think, book, that I can ever forget. Perhaps, in time, remembering will become less painful. That is what they say, after all. Why is it, though? People come and go from my life all the time. That has always been the natural order. Yet this time, it's different. Something to think on.

She snaps the book shut and looks to the portrait on the corner of her desk. The boy shifts about in his frame, a small smirk occasionally teasing his lips.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:58 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Wizard's Chess trumps Muggle Chess, but what trumps Wizard's Chess? I'll let you figure that out, dear friend. I'm risking my personal code this time. We'll just have to be particularly cautious, book. The things most worthwhile are often the things we risk most for in order to ensure.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

She enters her room and slams the door behind her, tossing her cloak to the ground to form a careless heap. Her watery eyes scan the room, stopping briefly at the chair in the corner by the fireplace. Turning to her desk, she narrows her focus to the portrait of the handsome young wizard. He winks. She averts her eyes and turns to the cleverly crafted potions stand on the opposite side of her desk. Seven spots for seven vials, five currently empty. She reaches for the vial in the sixth position and uncorks it, swiftly consuming the contents. She sets the now empty vial on the desk surface, paying no mind as it goes directly against her wishes and rolls off the edge. After disrobing, she shuffles pathetically over to the comfort of her bed, quickly finding her way beneath the covers. She stares up toward the ceiling and with a heavy sigh, she waits...

Approximately two hours later, she wakes. Her heart races and she brings a hand to her chest, beads of perspiration making their way down her face. She fumbles for her wand points it toward the fireplace with a simple flick, the once dark room now lit to her satisfaction. She sets her wand back on the nightstand and stumbles out of bed, keeping the blanket wrapped around her comfortingly as she makes her way to her desk. Quill in hand, she begins to write.

Well, that did not go as planned. Perhaps my subconscious isn't clear enough, or, perhaps these new emotions are taking their toll. Admittedly, I'm far too groggy to press the idea. I shouldn't even be awake, in fact. I'd hoped to find him, book, in my world. I knew where to look, of course. The Dead End. I knew my way back well, so finding it was no trouble. The path leading up to edge now littered with manifestations of my past. Soon, I felt a familiar presence behind me, a warmth that I'd come to depend on. Imagine that. Slowly I started to turn but quickly found myself on the roof of a large tower, teetering on the edge as the wind whipped violently across my face. The ground shook, and I fell.

On the bright side, book, I'm starting to see colour.

I need a coffee.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

What to do, book? What to do...
Things are only getting more complicated by each day. I know what I have to do. But, you know, book, I'm bloody tired of 'have to do's. Funny how I can resent someone so fiercely, yet, still I don't wish them hurt. Some might think this is pay back. We know it isn't. I've turned this over in my mind a million times. We need the team strong and united, not broken by my selfish desire. Then, an easy decision, no? No.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:39 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I skipped my potion last night and as I suspected, I've managed to successfully avoid creating a product that creates dependency. No withdraws as of yet, book. The test subject experienced positive and expected results. I'm not surprised, of course. I should be ready to submit my next series of reports to the Headmaster soon. There are significant benefits to my product beyond dream recollection which I had not expected. This is good.

As for my little problem, well, a difficult decision still quite difficult, but at least made. Later, we'll visit our little friend. That should be fun.

She closes the book and stops to have her daily interaction with the portrait on the corner of her desk. She picks up the dagger and turns it over in her hands a few times. With a slow nod she smiles.

"This could come in handy."

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:46 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

My dearest book,
I haven't meant to neglect you, though I'm starting to understand how you might be feeling. My apologies, of course. I've just been rather preoccupied...

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I hope you'll be okay with your new home, book. I hate to disrupt you like this, but it just isn't safe. What are we to do when we've people talking of suicide bombing and rappelling from the ceiling? We laugh when we're alone. We are no superheroes; we are pawns. This isn't a rescue mission; this is a fight for our lives. The reigns are in the hands of those who will do them justice and we are merely players, book. What of this is so difficult to understand? I'll never know.

By the way, the pattern begins again. It's only a matter of time now before history repeats.

I think I might actually like Lisa. But then again, sometimes I'm not certain I really like anybody. On a somewhat related note, book, I really have to stop bringing girls home.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:34 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I warn and nobody ever really listens. Somehow, I don't think that'll ever change. Why do I even try?

If it weren't for two, I think I'd have stopped by now, book. I've quite had enough.

I think I'll go to sleep and remember tonight.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:45 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

The following page appears to have been torn out. Poor book.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

So here we are, the eleventh hour. The reality? This might be the last time we talk, book. No, don't worry. My intent is not to get myself killed, though I cannot speak for the others who seem hell bent on doing as little as they can to prepare for what's to come. I will not die for anyone's stupidity but my own. I would run and risk accusations of cowardice first.

By the way, I've managed to pinpoint the resentment I've been feeling, though the realisation was surprising. Is it protection or underestimation? I'm not certain I can continue to convince myself of the former for much longer. Trust, should I survive to find it is the latter, things will never be the same.

Some, they are given what they get because they were fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. Me? I recognise nothing in this life is free. And from nothing, I was born.

I do hope he likes his gift. Forever and always, my hero.

I'll be sending you home with Ulrika, book. Anders knows what to do with you, should the worst happen.

Anders, if you're reading this, the worst happened. Tell mum and dad I love them very much, and make sure all of my clothing is resized and passed on to Ulrika. Oh, and, I love you too, big brother.

So long, book. Or perhaps, see you later. That is yet to be determined.
Thank you for being my friend.

Now... we wait.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Months of training had come down to mere hours and those hours had felt like days. She reaches her hands down to her waist, her eyes moving along with them as she feels around the edge of her signature belt. Her left hand moves down to remove a dagger from a carefully concealed holster on the side, and she sets it back in its rightful place, beside its rightful owner. Her hand moves back toward the belt, reaching this time for a strange metal object, slightly longer than her hand and shaped like a bat. As she looks the item over, her full lips turn up into a small smirk, and sets it on what appears to be a stand fashioned perfectly for the curious object. From the right side of her belt, she unfastens a small pouch and sets it down on the desk in front of her, the glass vials inside clanking together as they settle, her large blue eyes scanning the newly placed items once more. With a small, tired sigh, she sits, staring at the wall ahead absently.

After several long moments of steady silence, she straightens herself in the chair and nods, reaching with her right hand to a small compartment attached to her belt. From it, she produces a vial filled with a shimmery blue-green liquid which occasionally seems to flicker, or perhaps just a trick of the eye. She smiles, though sadly so, as she looks over the vial, holding it carefully, maybe even affectionately, in the palm of her hand. For several long moments, she pauses, recalling...

It was late, far too late for anybody to be working, but there she was, slaving over complicated formulas and a cauldron whose flame had just recently been put out. She rubs her eyes, blinking several times quickly to clear her tired and blurry vision. She doesn't have much time, she knows, but what is she missing? She glances around the room, hoping to catch glimpse of something, anything, to give her an idea. She stops. No, not an idea, but an apparent shortage in empty vials on the shelves. She hops up from the desk, possibly grateful for something to distract her momentarily from her research, and she turns to walk purposefully from the classroom and into the dark passageways of the dungeons. She walks through the halls with ease and familiarity, and turns to Lumos only when she reaches her destination, a large and over stocked storage room. She motions her wand around the room to search the stacked boxes on both the shelves and the floor. She shakes her head at the disorganisation of the current set up, and likely out of frustration, takes it upon herself to re-arrange the storage room to her satisfaction. Once finished, she locates the box she was looking for and hurls it up into her arms before shuffling back through the dark corridors.

She stumbles clumsily into the classroom, setting the large box down on a nearby desk. She begins to open the box but stops part way with a shake to her head, and she moves back to the notes she left strewn across her favourite desk. Her eyes narrow suddenly as she scans over the pages, her blanks filled, several newly added notes lining her own. The writing is unmistakable. She snaps her head over toward the door as a familiar sense overcomes her, though she catches only a glimpse of a black cloak, also unmistakable. The gift, he did like it. She smiles gently as she turns to look back at her research, now a joint effort. A gift to her, in return.

She blinks herself out of her memory and shakes her head a few times back and forth before opening the drawer beside her. She stows the vial away, safely, and after a brief pause, she closes the drawer with a satisfying click. Tomorrow, she gets her book back and certainly, she has much to tell.

Most recently, Rowan is found wearing the above around her neck at all times. From the corner of their eye, one might swear they'd notice the liquid flicker inside the vial every so often.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:40 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Sacrifice
1. the offering of animal, plant, human life or some material possession to a deity, as in propitiation or homage
2. the person, animal or thing so offered
3. the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim
4. the thing so surrendered or devoted
5. a loss incurred in selling something below its value

A concept I've always understood. A concept I've come to know first hand, even. But the sacrifices made by certain individuals in recent times, I cannot even compare. Who do I feel for most? The one who must live with his choice, who must carry the burden of his sacrifice, of course.

Word has yet to come from the presses, though I suspect soon, book, we'll be featured in articles a-plenty. Though we suffered loss, we were victorious and well prepared, despite the doubts, and despite the odds.

For some, I've noted, it is just as natural to take a life as it is to weep for one. How bizarre.

I suppose after all of the death, the blood, the brief moments of unity, the sacrifice, the tension and despair, the question to ask is, what now? Good to have you back, book, but I've got work to do...

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:07 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

"He'll get his," I said, didn't I, book? But I hadn't had need of a dream to tell me that. And today, we gather in his name.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Server » Roleplay