WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Of Sugar and Ice, I am Made
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:12 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

To hell with them all...

JBMT wrote:
And am I the only one who fears the whole monkey-tiger thing will end badly?
It's like Ravenclaws dating Slytherins.

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:00 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

She enters her room to stop in front of a medium sized glass carafe on the corner of her desk, the contents a rich and thick black liquid. She runs a finger gingerly down the glass, trailing from top to bottom before making her way back toward the handle, her fingers curling around the sturdy glass lovingly. She gives the over-sized vial a swift shake, watching mesmerised as puffs of silvery smoke work their up way from the bottom. She smirks with slight satisfaction as she looks over her curious work and finally, with her free hand, she gently removes the stopper, setting it aside carefully.

Picking up what might appear to be a shot glass with three distinct markings, she begins to pour the smokey black liquid from the bottle into the smaller glass, surpassing both the first and second markings to reach the third where she slows and eventually stops. She sets the shot glass aside, replacing the stopper in the larger glass and pushing it, too, to the side. With her lips pursed together firmly, she hesitates, looking over her desk, her eyes wandering occasionally to the portrait on the back corner. Several long moments pass before she nods once resolutely, and picks up the shot glass once more, downing the contents with ease and determination. She shuffles over toward her bed and lays atop the blankets, staring overhead to the charts and graphs lining her ceiling.

Sleep takes her within half an hour, and after nine, she wakes.

As she does, she finds her hands gripping tightly to the blankets beneath her, which have barely moved since she fell into her deep and self-induced sleep. She attempts to pull herself up but the pain is excruciating, extending from the back of her skull before reaching a sharp and poignant end behind her eyes. She falls back on the pillow, both hands moving to the sides of her head as she presses firmly against her temples, the pain forcing her eyes to squint shut tightly.

The pain lingers on and in a violent and sudden rush, her dream memories flood forward from one compartment to another, bringing forth a series of images and feelings more intense than she had ever experienced in dream, in wake, or in research. She doesn't notice two single drops roll down her cheeks from the outer corners of her eyes as she attempts once more to pull herself up, her hands still clasped protectively to either side of her head. Despite this, she maintains a pace of slow, steady breathing as over one hour's worth of dream memories infiltrate her conscious short-term memory in mere minutes.

As the transfer completes, the pain subsides and she lowers her hands from her head to glance around the room. She blinks several times, turning to face the full sized mirror beside her bed. The drops had been blood, proven by two jagged red trails now dried on either of her cheeks. And when she finds the words, she speaks aloud...

"Holy $*&!."

JBMT wrote:

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

One's too stupid, one's too prideful, and another thinks of no one but himself. One is blind, one is pathetic, another has never earned the right. One needs to learn that the fall from the top is both scary and deadly and that same one needs to learn that it's especially hard on those who never earned their place. Some lead, some follow, though all are lost. Three I like, one I love.

A little lion told me we'd be seeing him again soon, book. Will my heart beat unnaturally as it used to, when I see him next? Or will I feel for him as I've come to feel for the others? I have given up my game, but will he recognise this? Of course he will. He always understood me better than the rest. But, this changes nothing. If I was awful in the past, I'm awful ten fold in the present.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

What was that I said once, book? Oh, yes. Ask and ye shall receive. This includes silent plea, apparently. How does one begin to express gratitude to another who has ensured both ones present and ones future? Words are words, but my actions will forever speak my thanks.

I haven't much time, book. I'm eager to pack.

Today's truths:

På eftermiddagen vet vad aldrig morgonen misstänkta.
"The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected."

Han som inte kan tiga inte kan tala.
"He who cannot keep silence cannot speak."

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:07 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Injustice
1. the quality or fact of being unjust; inequity
2. violation of the rights of others; unjust or unfair action or treatment
3. an unjust or unfair act; wrong

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Determinism
1. the philosophical doctrine that all events including human actions and choices are fully determined by preceding events and states of affairs, and so that freedom of choice is illusory
2. the scientific doctrine that all occurrences in nature take place in accordance with natural laws
3. the principle in classical mechanics that the values of dynamic variables of a system and of the forces acting on the system at a given time, completely determine the values of the variables at any later time

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:20 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

She only stares after him long enough to watch him pick up the bag he'd dropped upon seeing her, his hair darker than she remembered, his shoulders wider, and he'd grown taller, though his eyes and his smile still the same. She quickly diverts her attention around the hall; out of sight, out of mind. No. She shakes her head. She knows that's never worked. She leans back against the pillar, finding curious comfort against the cold but familiar stone. Closing her eyes, she searches through her memory in rewind, looking back to a time when things were different. This wasn't a journey through the ages for nostalgia's sake. No, she had a purpose, as she always does.

She stops in the Duel Hall and suddenly finds she's face to face with her younger self. He's there, too, just the way she had remembered, his patient hand guiding hers through a simple wand motion, though it's obvious the problem isn't in the procedure. She takes in a deep breath and looks back to him before focusing her attention ahead.

"Expecto Patronum!"

Immediately, she closes her eyes as though afraid to witness failure. Encouraging cheers from the two with her gives her the strength to look, opening each of her eyes one at a time. She smiles, dumbfounded. It had worked. For the first time, it had worked.

She snaps her eyes open and she looks around the hall, now bustling with students as they make their way to their morning classes. Determinately, she pushes herself from the pillar and with large and purposeful strides, she finds herself standing in the very same spot she had just come from in her mind, wand in hand.

"Expecto Patronum!"

Not once since that day has she been able to produce more than a mocking, pathetic wisp. But there it is, in full form--proud and at the ready to play as her protector. Part of her had expected this, but another larger part hoped she was wrong.

"Damnit."

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:15 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

For the first time, book, I don't think I can get what I need from you. I'm sorry, but I need Mary.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:37 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

She steps through a large set of double doors, surrounding them a large and elegantly crafted manor in pure white stone. She takes in a deep breath as the familiar scents bring a smile to her face. With a drawn out sigh, she removes her boots and her coat, which she tosses carelessly on the floor. Pushing aside the small pleasures of home, she turns serious and makes her way to the large staircase, heading upward. She proceeds around a circular corridor and stops purposefully in front of a door, behind which loud rock music can be heard blaring from the radio. Firmly, but quickly, she knocks twice.

An especially tall man, who, at first glance, appears to be about twenty-five, opens the door, his lips spreading into a wide smile as he spots his sister before him.

"Rowan! What brin--"

She interrupts him.

"There's something I might need you to help me forget."

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

It looks like I was wrong, book. Anders is the only one that can help, but of course he wants me to 'think' about it. As though I haven't been thinking about it for long enough. I suppose I ought to do the proper thing, first, before I jump to this likely permanent conclusion. I might've learned what made last time around so complicated, and while I wasn't surprised to hear it, it's only confirmed I've no reason to believe this time'd be any different. Trying the same thing twice, never smart, right book? So, I've thought about it. There's no reason to complicate things when all I want is peace.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Thirteen year old me feels like frolicking about in the snow like a giggling lunatic. Current me knows there's still a lot to work through. One day at a time. For now, I've got a pair of kitten eyes staring at me as though wondering what she should do next. We're in this together now, I suppose.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:14 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I've put a little fir tree in my room, book. Silene seems to have taken to it in the form of playful rivalry. I thought, this Christmas, it might be nice to decorate a tree, since it's not something I've done before. Would it be too forward if I invited him along, do you think? Surely, I'd have no idea where to start and the company would be nice. And there isn't any sort of rule against friends coming together to stick colourful little balls on a tree, is there? In fact, that's sort of the point of it all, right?

Well, book, Silene's attempts to replace you on my lap have won out. All in effort to save me from myself, I trust.

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:12 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Twelve again, she walks in the company of Matt Pace. Balancing several large textbooks, and a bunch of bright blue daisies, she chases after him as he makes his way further down the corridor. She stops in her tracks and turns to face a boy about her age, chatting animatedly with a group of friends. Quickly, she turns away, darting forward to catch up with her friend. "Matty, who was that boy? The freckly Ravenclaw." "I dunno, Row. I didn't see him. Come on! We have Charms!" She nods and brushes it off with a cheerful smile as she follows, she wouldn't want to be late for class, after all.

She laughs to herself as she turns on her side, pulling the heavy blanket up over her shoulder comfortingly. She had been taking trips down memory lane more often these days. It's all part of the process, of course. It isn't difficult for her to remember how she had felt that day; every day lately has been reminder enough. This isn't the memory she wants, pleasant as it may be, so she moves along swiftly...

Fourteen, and she faces the freckled Ravenclaw boy from her previous memory. They stand by the fireplace in the Ravenclaw Commons. His expression that of frustration, anger, and if perceptive enough, even confusion. Her own expression filled with undeniable heartbreak. "I didn't -do- anything wrong. I only liked you. I don't understand why you don't see it!" She does her best to hold back her tears. Better saved for later, she figures, where no one would ever know.

"We didn't speak for nearly a year... and then, he was gone." She speaks quietly to herself, as though filling in the blanks. In private, that's not crazy. She sighs. That was the memory she wanted, however. She flips the blankets away and pushes herself regretfully from the comfort of her bed. Turning to her oldest friend, she begins to write:

Magic or no, he's always controlled me, hasn't he, book? Thing is, magic or no, I'm done fighting it. Even in darkness he's beautiful, and that's saying something. Fool me once...

JBMT wrote:

-Dr. Suess

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Server » Roleplay