WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Kylindra's Gathering Service
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:17 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

On the general school bulletin board a simple advertisement can be found. On it some will recognize the symbol, an open book with a raven across it, as Kyli's personal seal. The ad reads:

Attention Students of Hogwarts

Homework troubles? Can't find that one ingredient to finish that potion? I, Kylindra Valerine, have a simple and affordable service to offer you. On a regular basis, I stock up on commonly used ingredients for all years. My supplies however are limited, but I can sell what I have at reasonable prices. Please note however, that particularly difficult to obtain items will be a little more expensive than others because of the risk involved in getting them.

But what if I don't have what you need? There is a solution to that as well. For a modest price, I can be hired by the hour to gather whatever ingredients you need, in however large amount you need. Be aware however, that non-standard items may require a slight increase in pay if they are found to be difficult to obtain.

I promise these increases will be no more than a fair 10% of your original price per special item. Look back here soon for a fully detailed price list on the items I carry and collect, and what the price increase is on items I do not normally gather. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me around the school or send an owl.

Kylindra Revenant Valerine
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

OOC Note: Since Kyli runs an IC service, it will require her to be paid in IC currency. Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts. If you do not carry any of these on you, most merchants in the mod will sell you this currency for NVN gold. Also, in regards to sending owls, please send a tell first so I can tell you if I'm in a dangerous area. If I am, your owl will probably be killed upon arrival by a monster. I will of course allow "tell owls" as they are generally safer to do.

Post subject: Re: Kylindra's Gathering Service
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Attached to the notices, in large print reads:

The gathering, and selling of ingredients for course-work for a price is strictly prohibited. Students are allowed to assist in the gathering, free of charge, and can guide a person; however, no student is to gather the stuff for others, as it is their own course work, and not yours. Do your own work, it is your own education.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Notes that appear randomly on some of the posters... especially on the ones with the "you are not allowed" posting on them...

Lies. Lies. Lies. Students have been buying off each other for years. Ignore whomever that do-gooder is. I know as a fact students have been doing it for more than twenty years. People have paid off gambling debts with what they've made in school... and out of it. Though I have to say putting it out there in public was a little hinky.

It is decidedly against the school's principles to make a profit from such a venture. You should be more giving and volunteer your services to help others. It would be far more beneficial to your name as a Ravenclaw to give unto others. They should be learning from a superior mind to begin with.

Bah. If a student's too much of a sissy to go out and get their own ingredients, they don't even deserve to be in school. Send them off to some little priss school like Beauxbatons or the Academy of London. The weak have a place to get an education - but not here. Legal or not, they are just too blasted lazy.

I cannot see the harm done if it is something extremely difficult to acquire. Students are not all as capable as Kylindra seems to be. I've seen her in action before, and she's not a simp. Not to mention, whomever posted up the issue about legality should have left their name, so students could go and ask THEM for help.

All my ingredients are sent to me by owl by the finest and most exclusive vendors. I would not need anything from the likes of a mere Ravenclaw. If it is fact illegal for her to consider selling said wares, she should be expelled along with the entire House of Hufflepuff - just because they obviously buy their robes from some low gutter trash in Knockturn Alley.

Wow... didn't know I wasn't allowed to sell the Armadillo Bile I had extra. Glad I didn't put my name out there. Looks like you'd have to catch me first, whomever the rules lawyer is. Any money says it's a Gryffindor who is out to get some bonus points with the new head boy. Maybe they should get a life, right?

Uhm... okay? But I heard there's been at least four Hufflepuff students and three Slytherins who made crazy bank doing just that. So what you are really saying is that you have to be either too rich to care about rules or too broke to consider the rules in order to do something good for yourself coin-wise and good for other people ingredients-wise?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:13 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

In response this is written in a very elegant script:

"I can not help but wonder why it would be against the rules to charge for ingredients. After all the apothecary does the same, and that is what this service would be, an amateur apothecary service dealing exclusively to the students."

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:36 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Later written back onto the ad by Kylindra, at the end of the first indication of legality issues, is the signature: ~Shandy Natasha Wease

Board index » Server » Roleplay