WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Theatre Club
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 am 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

*Posters are scattered all over the school advertising a new club forming for young actors and actresses in the school. Details aren't available yet, but students are told to talk to either Arren "Grin" Gatsby, or Ashlee Gardner if they're interested.

The group isn't meeting yet, but the posters say there will be a school production of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" if enough people join - if not, there's always Shakespeare.*

Look at the dinky little avatars!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Heidi Sorngeld, Xalos Chzem, Arren "Grin" Gatsby, Celdor Grunwalder, Ryiadrin Stalrous

Post subject: Re: Theatre Club
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:17 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

**Mairead walks by one of these posters and squeals,probably scaring off some of the younger students around her. Quickly getting out something to write with she hastily scribbles down her name then hurries off with a wide grin, producing a rather large book from her bag. The title reads "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare"**

~Mairead Roarke~

((just I note...how exactly would we pull off the HP play? O.o maybe something else would be better...idk about anyone else though))

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

((I apologize for the completely OOC post, it may be deleted later. But this may be helpful, from the FAQ.

Quote:
Put simply, the server is taking place in present day, in an alternate universe. This is “The World of Harry Potter,” meaning that the setting is simply the world that he's from. This is not taking place during any particular book, but rather it is taking place right now, today. The date on the server is the current real-life date.

You will notice professors and other secondary characters from the books that died at some point, yet somehow live on in the server. This is where the “alternate reality” comes into play. If a character was alive at some point in the books, they are alive on the server.

Professor Dumbledore is the Headmaster. Professor Snape is the Head of House for Slytherin, and one of the two potions masters along with Slughorn. We have four Defense Against the Dark Arts professors: Quirrel, Lockhart, Lupin and Moody. Every time there is a Defense Against the Dark Arts class, students will usually wonder which one is teaching today, and leave it at that.

The main characters in the books, the student characters, are absent from the server. Use extreme caution if mentioning any of them (i.e. Harry Potter) as this will cause serious conflicts with the “alternate universe” theory.

To summarize, the main student chars from the books don't exist in our setting. The club is a great idea, but to keep things from getting too confusing I'd choose a different performance to start with. :D))

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:45 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

*Ana Celine's name would quickly be found appended to the text, though in a barely-legible messy scrawl*

//I was under the impression it would be treated as if it was complete fiction.

Ana Celine - Took her revenge and vanished into the night.
Space Dog - Some say it still roams the halls of Hogwarts in search of petting.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:34 am 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

((Hehe yeah. I always thought that in WoHP, the books were just that: Books. And wizards like to read them and imagine Harry's fantastic adventures, before getting back to boring old Hogwarts the way it is normally.))

Look at the dinky little avatars!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Heidi Sorngeld, Xalos Chzem, Arren "Grin" Gatsby, Celdor Grunwalder, Ryiadrin Stalrous

Board index » Server » Roleplay