WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: To Become a Hero - Kylindra's Diary
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:30 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

The following is considered OOC knowledge, except in the cases that Kyli has told her close and personal friends about these things. Anyone who shouldn't know ICly, don't mention these things ICly. If you do it will be ignored as metagaming. Fair warning.

My name is Kylindra Revenant Valerine.

Once, I wouldn't really have bothered writing a diary such as this. Lately however I've been wondering if it might help me at least in some way to write my thoughts down. My mind has been troubled for a long time, and yet I find it hard to completely recover. At this moment, a man named Kronos hunts for willing subjects to aid in his journey of destruction. I fear that one day he will attack the school considering its weakened state. I still do not wish to face him, but, I may yet have to. The man once was Allanon Majere, a gryffindor student who I once loved more than anything in this world. To lose him the way I did, I have never quite fully let go of him.

Yes, I know I should, I know I should be grateful to have Florymonde by my side now and I am. But, there are certain things that when lost can pain us for the longest time before we can truly heal. I have come a long way, but I am not there yet.

My mind is haunted by the memories of how he once was. Kind, clever, fun to be around. I have chosen to remember him this way and not the monster he's turned into. Yet it pains me greatly when I remember the person that has been lost to it. I used to blame myself for it, and to be honest I still do to an extent. My actions forced him into a corner when I was discovered trying to free him from the Seventh Sanctum. I barely escaped with my life that night, the curse that grazed my shoulder would try to finish the job. I managed to cure it with some help. Were it not for my friends... I wouldn't still be here.

I am worried however by certain dreams I've been having. They feel more like visions, but I could just be paranoid. I don't know anymore. I keep seeing glimpses of Kronos, and an attack on the school. I haven't told anyone cause I'm sure someone would try to send me right back to St. Mungo's for this. I'm not crazy though. I know what my instincts tell me, and they say this isn't over yet...

Post subject: Re: To Become a Hero - Kylindra's Diary
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Been awhile since that last entry now, but things are progressing. I have as of today finally met with Professor Flitwick and been approved for my internship with the Ministry of Magic. Though I can't work with the Aurors yet, I will be working with Department of Magical Law Enforcement for the foreseeable future. Hopefully I will learn something and get my foot in door. I'm getting ready to head over there now to start my first day. While I am certainly excited, I need to try and keep my focus. This could very well help me secure my career if I do a good enough job.

I'm getting closer now. Finally all my training will have been for something.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Well I have completed my first day. It wasn't quite what I expected I'll admit. I pretty much spent the few hours I was there feeding the cell mates and sorting out files. To say I am disappointed is a mild understatement, but I shall remain vigilant as Professor Moody always tells us. I'm just getting started, I can't expect to be sent with anyone on a major assignment just yet. Perhaps soon I'll get that chance. Perhaps soon I'll get to show them what I can do. For now though, I'll just continue to deal with these trivial little tasks until that time comes.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I ran into Chase Armitage at the Ministry recently. Apparently he's doing pretty well for himself as he's no longer a trainee. I think he was only mildly surprised to see me as an intern. I think most everyone at the school has heard of my aspiration to become an Auror by now.

While most of my work that day was the usual boring routine, Armitage gave me something different to do. Finally for once I've been given an interesting and productive learning assignment. He handed me this article, and in it were the names of three notorious criminals that the MLE have captured within the last couple years. I am to study them, their behaviors, mental issues, and motivations. Once I have I am to write an essay about my observations for later discussion. I believe the point of this exercise is to get me to think like they do when you're looking track down a dark wizard. I admit it makes sense. If you know your enemy, you can think like your enemy, and then go to places they would go and pick up their trail. I shall have to make sure I work on this thoroughly so I fully understand the lesson he's trying to teach me.

Board index » Server » Roleplay