WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Kylindra vs Herself: An Internal Struggle (Closed RP)
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:59 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

The follow is OOC information. If mentioned IC when you haven't been told ICly, it will be ignored as metagaming. Yadda yadda, etc etc. You get the idea. Oh also, feel free to PM with any comments. I'm a bit curious to what you all think of my writing.

Kyli lay there motionless on a couch in the Ravenclaw Commons. No more than an hour ago she was trying to confront her fears by means of a boggart, now she was passed out from the mental exhaustion that plagued her after such a traumatic experience. Flory remained there beside her, but she couldn't tell. When she was asleep, she was a slave to her own mind once more. It was part of the reason why she hardly slept anymore.

Though she was in reality passed completely out, in her mind she felt awake and alert. She saw nothing but darkness though, and the sound of her own breathing was the only thing she could hear. It was eerie, and she could swear she felt another presence.

Then she heard it, the Mysterious Internal Voice.

Background music for Kyli's mind in this adventure

"Brave, yet foolish, don't you think?"
"You again... who are you?"
"Tell me, why do you think Kronos appeared so many times?"
"It was a boggart, it turns into your worst fear."
"Yet it didn't hold on to one fear. It kept switching. Why is that?"
"Because.. I fear of losing too much."
"Especially if its lost to Kronos, right?"

Kylindra remains silent for a brief moment.

"Who are you? Just show yourself already!"

The suddenly, as if her command were obeyed the darkness went away. In its place was what appeared the inside of a grand chapel. She was standing in between the rows of benches, near the altar. Stained glass windows were placed in the walls every few feet or so. She looked from side to side but saw nothing. Then the voice came again from behind her, in the aisle.

"As you wish."

Kylindra turned, and was surprised by what she saw. Right there behind her, was herself. She was a bit older, probably in her mid-twenties, and wearing black robes with the Ministry Auror badge. On her back the black wing from her tattoo had apparently been brought to life and was now a real wing. Her right hand rested on the hilt of a sword, the very one she was given by her mother.

"Impossible..."
"Is it? I think not. We are in your mind. You are only limited by yourself here."
"But then.. what are you?"
"Isn't it obvious? I am you, or at least what you want to become. I represent your dreams. Though the wing is more taking advantage of the limitless power of your own mind. There is yet a way to safely transfigure a real wing on to a person, correct?"
"Why are you here?"
"For the very same reason you are. You seek to become what I am, but you cannot regain control over yourself. Your mind is fractured by your own fears and doubts."
"So what happens now?"
"Only you can know that. The time has come to make a choice Kylindra. You must either take control over your own mind, or let it destroy you."

Cue epic fight music

With those words the older Kylindra draws her sword and points it towards her younger self. The younger Kyli quickly steps back, and feels something on her hip. When she looks down, she can see the same sword tied to her. She draws it and holds it up with both hands. Both swords glow a bright blue, yet the older Kylindra's version glows much brighter than the other.

"You see? The sword never lies. There is doubt in you, and it is effecting your concentration. You must focus if you intend to win."
"Why would you fight me when we are the same person?"
"You ask far too many questions. You're not me, not yet. You need to gain control back, and I'm going to help you do it. Now, defend yourself!"

The older Kyli lunges at her younger self with such speed that the younger one has a hard time blocking the attack. The younger Kyli goes for a counterattack but misses as the older one seems to flow right out of harms way and bringing her sword up defensively. Younger Kyli goes for a powerful horizontal slash, but the blade only meets the metal of the other one as the attack is deflected and pushed away, causing her to stagger backwards a little. She grits her teeth and continues to attack from different angles, but the other Kyli continues to block each incoming attack. Even using two hands the younger Kyli can't seem to overpower the older version of herself, who is handling her blade effortlessly with one hand. Eventually the younger one steps back, breathing heavily.

"Its not possible... you're too strong."
"You're letting the doubt win. Don't forget the key rule here. You're only limited by -yourself-."
"By... myself?"

She starts to think for a moment, and the older Kylindra waits patiently in a defensive stance. Finally the younger one looks back over at her, her gaze looking a bit more confident. The blade she holds responds by glowing a little bit brighter.

"At last, the voice of reason hits home. Show me what you can do then."

The younger Kylindra brings the blade up in front of her face, and as she closes her eyes moves her left hand up the length of the blade without actually touching it. In its trail blue flames start to form along the blade, making it glow brighter. She takes an offensive stance and lunges forward with another attack. The older one blocks, but this time it takes a little more effort. The younger Kyli presses the attack, each swing getting faster and more precise as she focuses. Eventually the older Kyli jumps out of the way, perching up on one of the beams above them. She smirks as she looks down.

"Finally you're starting to become a challenge. But how will you keep up with me? I have a wing and can move just about anywhere."
"That's easy..."

She closes her eyes and brings the first two fingers of her right hand up to her forehead. When she thrusts her arm out to the left, a wing of her own bursts from her back exactly like the other Kylindra's.

"I get a wing of my own!"

The younger Kyli jumps up at her older self, the blade swinging in an upwards attack. The older one jumps out of the way, with the younger Kyli staying hot on her trail. They hop from beam to beam effortlessly, blades occasionally meeting in mid-air. The older Kyli spins during one of the jumps and moves her wing to push the air towards the younger one to blow her off course. Taking the opportunity she attacks swiftly, but it is just barely deflected when the younger Kyli recovers her balance.

"Impressive. Now, face your doubts, your worries. Overcome them!"

The younger Kyli starts to yell out as she attacks, her strikes becoming surprisingly more difficult to block or even dodge. The older Kyli starts to grit her teeth and attacks back as much as she can. But the younger one is catching on to everything, recognizing her own style and easily deflecting it.

"No more! It ends NOW!"

The younger Kyli pulls her blade up as her eyes start to glow a bright white. The power that now courses through her is the light she's been searching for inside of herself. The older Kyli smiles.

"At last..."
"RAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

The younger Kyli leaps forward with amazing speed and knocks her older self up into the air. Quickly she jumps up and starts to attack her from every angle. At first the older one blocks, but then gets hit. SSLSH! One hit. SLASH! Two hits. SCCHWING! Three hits. Then suddenly the younger one flies above her and pulls her hand back, the white light energy charging in her palm. In the blink of an eye she hurls the blast of energy downwards, knocking her older self right into the stone floor, leaving a small crater. She floats down and lands nearby, panting heavily as the power starts to die down. Slowly, the older Kyli gets to her knees, and smiles at her younger self.

"Revenant Angel indeed..."

The older Kyli closes her eyes as her body starts to dissolve into a dark mist. The chapel around the younger Kyli starts to become engulfed in darkness as she feels herself sinking.

Almost just as fast she awakes in the real world. She bolts upright and finds herself in her dorm room with Florymonde sound asleep next to her. Her head starts to hurt, as if someone had hit her with a giant hammer. But something was different. She mind felt... blank. It wasn't constantly mulling over past memories, future worries, or doubts about herself. For once she felt released from those. She felt free.

Board index » Server » Roleplay