WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Day out
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:15 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Reece Fallow - A big day out

He takes a breath and closes his eyes, his palms moist against his jeans, the fingers tense in anticipation. He exhales slowly and opens his eyes, the cold blue reflecting the midday sun. Trendy teenagers, bewildered pensioners and rambling packs of clean shirts litter the small street in London, at least one of each brushing past the tall Ravenclaw boy as they scuttle about from place to place. He frowns as they pass, brushing some hair from his face as the wind continues to blow in his direction. His supple leather boots knock the cobbles below him as he walks down the street, his mind concentrating on the rhythm of his steps. He watches groups of people; their eccentric chatter and movements cause a smile to form on his lips, his eyes darting back and forth.

He comes to a halt and looks up fondly to the sign. 'Black Ink' His long slender hand reaches for the door handle and he pushes down, having to barge the rest of the door open. He crashes clumsily through the door and quickly straightens up, wrinkling his nose as two people stand looking at him. The first is a short stocky man with a clean shaved head and great big bushy goatee. Black tribal tattoos run up and down each arm and meet at his chest, all of which are exposed beneath his white sleeveless vest. The second is a tall slender woman in her early twenties with messy locks of thick brown hair that falls over her forehead and rests just above her chocolate brown eyes. A loose pink dressing gown covers her body but a colourful tattoo is noticeable on her ankle. Reece smiles at them both and raises his left hand.
"Hello Gryff. Sarah." He steps forwards, taking in the patterns plastered across the walls on sheets of A4 paper, his reflection staring back at him in the various mirrors. He rubs his neck with his right hand and frowns. "You -are- open, right?"
Gryff steps forwards quickly, a dangerous smirk on his face as his stubby fingers grab Reece's chin, tilting his head back to look at the coarse scar that runs across his throat. Sarah edges closer, tilting her head around Gryff as she inspects the scar and she gasps, her eyes widening. She turns to Gryff then back to Reece before speaking.
''Are you? Reece, you must know how much this is going to hurt."
Gryff shakes his head, dismissing her as he lets go of Reece, brushing past her, talking as he gathers a series of instruments on a large metal tray.
"Kid's made up his mind. Right?"

Reece sighs, rubbing his neck once more. His mind remembers receiving it, his own screams echoing in his head, his Fathers face, jaded and distant. He sees his eyes in the reflection of the blade, their vibrant blue, dulled beneath tears.
"Right Reece?" Reece blinks, looking back down to Gryff and he nods before turning his attention to Sarah, offering her a reassuring smile. She helps gather ink pots from a cupboard and walks over to Gryff, placing the items on the tray.
Reece walks slowly to the chair and runs a hand across its leather, his hand jerking as it sticks now and again. He turns and sits, hoisting his legs onto the foot rest and he leans back, staring up at the blinding light. He grimaces, holding his hand over his eyes.
"Does that have to be so bright?"
"Yes." Sarah's face appears in front of it, blocking out the intrusion. He watches her with a smile, admiring her soft features. She stares at him for a prolonged moment before backing off, Gryff noisily making his way over. The next thing Reece sees is the design. On the paper is a design Reece drew himself, detailing a lush and colourful blue ocean, swallowing a small purple planet, half exposed amongst the waves. A small but detailed purple and gold mermaid is swimming with the waves and a black and red flock of birds consumes the sky. With the appropriate blending, the picture seems to be in on solid design. Reece nods and looks at Gryff.
"Use as many blues as possible. I want this to be beautiful."
Gryff frowns and grunts at him. "Yeah you just shut up and let me work, right?"
"Right." Reece replies, smirking as he closes his eyes. He hears rapid vibrations of the gun starting up. The sound reminds him of a swarm of bees, just circling his ears. He tilts his head back and relaxes his body. Before he has time to speak, the needle hits his skin, an intense pain surges through his body and he gasps slightly, refusing to be vocal as it drags across his neck, inking the design. After about fifteen minutes, the pain becomes numb, his mind throbbing as if it were on fire beneath his skull. He smirks and clenches his fists as Gryff comes to a stop.
"Okay Reece, listen. I was going to do around the scar and fill it in last but that is just gonna take too much damn time. What I’m trying to say is, sorry kid but this is gonna hurt." Before he can react the needle is in contact with the scar tissue. His eyes well up and he yells, his legs shaking in pain. He grabs the side of the chair with his hands, his knuckles turning white with every inch. He feels Sarah's rather petite hands clutching his shoulders, forcing him still. He looks up at her and tries to grin but quickly winces once more, tensing his neck as he screams in agony. Gryff sighs, shaking his head before nodding to Sarah. She looks back reluctantly but nods in return. She leans over Reece once more and begins to whisper to him.
"Reece, i want you to focus on my voice. I want you to count to ten in your head and think about what each number means to you; one favourite book, two favourite boots, three favourite girls and so on. Reece, just relax, close your eyes and follow my voice. Now count."
His eyes become heavy, his body numbing as the gut wrenching pain ceases, his mind consumed by her voice. He counts in his head and all is black.

"Reece, wake up. Reece." A stubby hand shakes him quite violently in the chair, his eyes opening slowly to see Gryff grinning down at him. A harsh stinging sensation bolts from his neck, his eyes frowning as he bites his lip. He sits up and touches the side of his neck, the plastic wrap firmly in place. He smiles at the two people and stands, wobbling slightly but also refusing their help as they approach.
"Thank you Gryff. Sarah. What do i owe you?"
Gryff tilts his head and frowns, looking back to Sarah who just shakes her head.
"No, nothing mate. Just keep drawing up designs for us to sell; you'll still get your cut and free tattoos." Reece smirks and thumbs to the door. "You sure you don't want me to fix that?" Gryff laughs and shakes his head, slapping a hand against Reece's arm.
"No no, I think it adds charm to the place. Keeps all the undesirables away too. You need any more cream?" The tall Ravenclaw pats his bag and smiles. "No thank you. So when can i see it?" Sarah steps in front of Gryff, walking up to Reece to answer, her delicate hands tilting his head back and touching his neck.
"A few days, make sure you remove it and clean up the blood. Just cream and reapply, you know the drill. You're a curious boy Reece, they've healed quickly on you in the past, how do you do it?" He fights his body, not to push up against her and simply turns from her, offering a wave. He pulls hard on the door and the light pours into the room. He turns back to Sarah and winks.
"Magic."

Image Image
Reece Fallow - Ravenclaw

Board index » Server » Roleplay