WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Beauty is Pain
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

You, my friend, are a diary. I have named you Prudence because that's an old song that Daddy likes to listen to.

I was speaking with Madam Pomfrey, mostly about all the stress, and she advised me to write everything down so that I don't bottle things up anymore. There's so much going on in my life right now I don't even know how to keep up with it all. I've got to keep up with my shifts for prefect duty. I've got to maintain my good marks in class. I have to keep up with my social life. It's a lot to go through.

I got turned down for the internship at St. Mungo's. They felt that I wasn't qualified enough yet, but that I should try again next year. I don't think I will. I never really liked old people anyway, so cleaning up after them won't be fun at all. I have been thinking about pursuing teaching, though. I'm fairly good at Arithmancy, I think. It was one of my two O's on my O.W.L.'s. Daddy was so proud of the O's. He's a Squib, Prudence. That means that he can't use magic, but everyone else in his family can. So he's sort of the black sheep of the lot of them. He even married a Muggle. But they, the family, accepted me with open arms since I could do magic. It's all a crock of baloney is you ask me. But I'm not going to complain to them about it.

Oh, that was the bell. I've got Advanced Potions now. Yuck.

Sincerely,
Lisa

P.S. - I'm going to be a model.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post subject: Re: Beauty is Pain
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:56 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

I spent way too much money on a cute dress for the meeting tonight. Oh yeah, I guess I should talk about that. Liss handed me this little note.

Mandatory Meeting for All Hogwarts Prefects

I'm a little nervous, Prudence. I hope we're not about to be scolded, or something. That'd be so lame to hold a meeting for. Oh well.

I got a letter from Daddy last night. He was checking up on me, making sure I don't do it again. I mean, seriously. As if I would do that again. I'm so passed that.

Either way, today's been busy.

Thanks for listening,
Lisa

P.S. - I'm going to be a model.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

Life is fragile. In an instant it's gone and there's little we can do to stop Fate from blowing out the candle.

But I'm going to make the brightest flame before it's snubbed out.

Lisa

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:00 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

The voice told me that white kittens explode. And that I'm not crazy. I'm not so sure.

Sincerely,
Lisa

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

I had the dream again.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

Sometimes, the price is too high.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

How could I be so stupid? I should become a nun.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:34 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Tikkun olam. We are the pieces.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

True love is selflessness. I'm happy with my decision because it appeased everyone else.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:19 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

Promises mean nothing coming from you.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:32 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I had the strangest dream last night. I was standing in a field dressed as a stage magician, top hat and all. It was entirely black and white, but it was beautiful. Music that I recognised from my childhood played distantly. Something compelled me to walk through the field, to some unknown destination. As I meandered I found myself in a dark forest. A child's voice, or maybe it was a woman's, spoke to me.

'Why are you here?' the voice commanded, rather than asked. I found that I couldn't answer. It was unnerving at best.

'You of all beings should know that death is just transformation.' This startled me the most. Death. Reginald had just been talking about death, hadn't he? Were they one and the same? This woman-child and Reginald? The voice. I continued my journey through the forest until the landscape drastically shifted. Soon snow covered the ground and I was alone in a clearing. An enclave, secluded from the world. Just me and the snow drifting down to its demise.

'You won't find me, my love.' the voice spoke again. Love? What did she know about love. Or who I loved. Unless this woman loved me. Unless Reginald loved me.

'Yet here I linger.'Determined to get away from her, I began my frantic pace through the copse. After some struggle, I broke through and into a jungle I stumbled. The rain beat down through a hazy gray canopy. Thinking I was sure to be alone here, I relaxed against a particularly mossy tree.

'I will always be with you.' Grief hung in her voice. Their voice. It was clear now that Reginald and this woman were speaking as one. Suddenly, colour began creeping into my dream. Faded and dark, it seeped out of every pore. As I stood up to see who was speaking, I woke up.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:21 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Dear Prudence,

Reginald's identity has been found. He's much closer than I thought, yet the last person on my mind. Strangely, I'm okay with how it turned out. I'm happy.

So, I think Rowan is my new best friend. And her brother's totally hot, even if there's a small chance he might have the Ravenclaw curse. Either way, he's nice to look at. Anders. I think I'll write to him soon. Would that be weird? Maybe. We'll see if anything happens during the holidays. I'm staying at Rowan's house this time. Maybe. I have to write Papa. He probably won't mind. Ana's been to our house. Ryan, too.

Either way, I'm happy. Stressed beyond belief, but happy. We've been balancing on this knife's edge for far too long. It's time to fall or be cut to death in the process.

Lisa

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

*Her handwriting is uncharacteristically sloppy.*

10 November

Prudence,

Tikkun olam. The world is broken. Clearly it's broken. Why is everyone so incredibly selfish? I should have known not to trust them. Everyone has ulterior motives. I will not be a pawn anymore than I have to.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:25 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

11 November

Prudence,

I forgave them. I always do. That's alright, though. Afterwards I had a really good, albeit long, conversation with someone who's soon becoming the only person it seems who sees things at the same level. Thank you.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:02 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

13 November

Prudence,

Would it be crass of me to say that I miss it? I don't think so. Things are certainly different. But he's back. First Valentine. Thank you.

The worst has yet to come,
Lisa

Board index » Server » Roleplay