WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Peeking Through the Keyhole
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:12 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

//Okay, I'm going to try at this forum RP/character exposition thing for once. It's always seemed a little alien to me so don't expect it very often, but here goes.

The girl stood at the doorstep for some time, considering what might lay beyond, and of course, whether to step through. The dark bronze of the doorknob called to her, of course, as it always did in such a situation. For she saw a door where others saw only the waves. Surely, only the eyes of one born and raised by the sea could recognize such a thing as it was.

She soon sat down, leaning back and resting against the doorframe, with a heavy sigh, for she had once again decided the risks were too great. Thoughts of the future, of friends, and of love clouded her thoughts, and so she sat for hours simply turning over these thoughts until finally, she reached a certain point where that familiar fog set in, and she soon fell asleep.

By morning, the door had gone, and so the girl moved on. Not with resolve, nor determination, but simply because there was no other real option. Later, she questioned whether the door was ever real in the first place. After all, it might've just been somebody trying a voodoo mind melt. It won't work, she thought to herself, as she checked her tent to see if anyone else was home.

Ana Celine - Took her revenge and vanished into the night.
Space Dog - Some say it still roams the halls of Hogwarts in search of petting.

Post subject: Re: Peeking Through the Keyhole
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Sometimes, no matter how much you've worried and thought ahead, something happens that completely upends everything you once believed about what might be happening.
This is one of those times, thought the girl, as she awoke in a familiar but greatly-missed room, dangling her feet over the edge of the tall bed.

She hadn't still come to terms with her sleep-fog by the time she had gone through all the morning readiness, and before long she was staring blankly at a plate of waffles feeling much the same as she had the night before. Not full of joy like the others, no, she simply wasn't prepared for that. In many previous months, certainly that would have been the case. But nevertheless, a small smile crept its way across her face as she proceeded up the stairs toward her first class of the day.

She was, above all, glad to be home. And to have her true teachers and friends back.
The rest of the confusion would just have to take a number and wait for her to catch up.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

There were loud crashes from the Dueling Hall that evening.

Always has it been sit in a corner, hide, worry, the culprit thought to herself, flicking her wand once again. Never has it been prepare for the worst. Not a soul told her otherwise, not anymore. Though some continued to do as they had before.

She thought hard, with another wand motion. Thud.
She'd forgive. Especially those who looked for it, she kept in mind the whole time, recalling the Headmaster's wish for everyone to stand united against all odds. She may not trust, but she would overlook, for this was no time for personal feelings against others. Even Moody agreed, as snubbed as she felt he had been.

The girl was very glad she would no longer be forced to become nothing but a target. She would stand up for Hogwarts, the only true home she had ever known. But not stupidly - she would have to put every talent she had to work on it and just hope that it would be enough to scrape by. She would not stand and stare blankly until they, no, THEY arrived. Practice, planning, and reforging connections were vital.

Another heavy object hit the floor soon after.

"Evanesco."

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:20 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

The girl had stood up, she had lost much, but her home emerged victorious by no slim stretch of the word. However, someone had lost all, someone who had once been a dear friend. That was the biggest thought that lingered on her mind the next day, even her own feelings of betrayal taking a distant second.

Delivering her gift to the fallen unseen, at a time when most were at dinner, she returned to the common room quietly and flopped, face first, onto the bed. Exhaustion. She wondered if she would ever feel the need to move again, despite knowing that she would.

Even if she didn't want to. She could remain in bed all week, surely, after all was said and done. But there were reasons she'd soon be up and about again. Few, yes, but important ones. And she'd see to it that she wouldn't abandon anyone. If she did that, she would become just like those who had twisted her feelings so.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

//Made with a homemade font I call "Voodoo Scribble." Here it is if you want it!

http://www.zshare.net/download/830624743e32d21c/

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:34 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

She drew another door that day and it joined the others, behind the ruffle of pages bound within a swirling cover. Each door opening on a new destination, most being better than this one, at least in her mind.

For what had really changed? Once the battles were won and the score was settled, that's when things start to become fun and peaceful again, right?

...Right?

Maybe they don't deserve patience.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

It's a funny thing, to think you believe in something utterly crazy,
not caring what anyone else thinks of it...
and then finding out you were completely right the entire time.
The world holds a lot of secrets, but none so hidden as the obvious.

Things were finally looking up for the out-of-place girl. Second chances are a wonderful thing if given to the right one. Third and fourth perhaps not so much, but distanced from those who could not move forward, maybe she thought, she finally could.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"So I have to be the pillar holding everything up. But what if I can't hold myself? What then? Is it really worth it, to stick around and deal with everyone who's so full of irrational hate? I don't know the other side very well, but I know it's peaceful and perhaps even safe. But I'd rather not go alone. And, well, sometimes I'd rather tear the door off the hinges and throw them all out instead, so I can stay here. With him. And we'll be happy again. Wonder if it's possible. How big can they be? Would the Ministry find out?

It's hard to know what the future might hold, but if nobody can forgive... if not him, if not her, or her, why should I believe anymore that there's still a thing to hang on to? Only because I don't want to accept anything else. Because I want to keep fighting the current. It's all I know how to do. And I'm holding out for somebody to drop me a rope to hang onto, pull me out of this whole mess, and it's not happening because they're all too busy using the ropes to hang each other.

I'll give it some more time. It's not over til someone's jumped."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

If memories were more like a photo album, would that make them easier to hold onto? Would then the good things not fade so quickly, leaving only the black inky borders in between to keep us company?

Those dark edges never go away, no matter how hard I wish them to. But if I could, I'd protect the rest forever, hold onto what I had while I could, and so that's exactly what happened. I wrapped my arms around the camera as hard as I could, and don't let anybody tell you I didn't try. Alright? Everybody deserved better!

Here's me plotting espionage with a disembodied voice.

And this one's us with Flitty.

There's the campsite, too.

Someone else was there. But then he wasn't.

It didn't matter.

Then came the Leaky Cauldron. A question answered, a possibility confirmed.

A better possibility than any I could've ever dreamed up.

And a battle for everything. He was the key.

I was the door.

Here we are in the Tunnel,

And there we are on the roof.

And here we are at the party,

The beach,

Secret rooms everywhere, all ours, always.

The desert and the forest.

There were friends and sometimes-friends, sometimes there,

Sometimes not.

Sometimes we didn't all get along,

But I'd like to thank them for everything nonetheless.

I tried to, but it didn't work.

They didn't want to hear it and I couldn't disagree.

There were some really wonderful times.

And every time I felt like I was invited along,

It was as though the battles ceased, or maybe even never happened.

As if I was meant to be there the whole time.

But all the booze in the world won't help in the morning.

And the more there is, the worse the headaches get.

So why keep drowning it away? Dragging out something that wouldn't change?

After all, history repeats itself, doesn't it?

Though the times in between might be sweet,

And they might last long enough to make you forget there was anything different,

After a while those dark borders grow larger and larger.

Without a different color to offset,

Monochrome just fades away into black and white.

One color isn't a color at all if you don't know the difference, right?

I can't see the faces in the pictures anymore.

But behind them all, there's something else.

It's the thing I covered up with all those photographs, hid away.

It's a Door, covered and locked by memories.

And now the lock's rusting away.

I can finally turn the knob.

I'm coming home, Mom.

Hey. Is there anybody in here?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Server » Roleplay