WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: (Un)dead people know best.
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Zack was in a kind of haze as he wandered the school early that evening. So much had happened so fast the previous day. He didn't know what to think anymore. In all the chaos a student had somehow died. Yet here he was, now feeling effectively useless. So he wasn't much of a fighter, but it doesn't feel too great knowing all you could do was run and cower while other people put their lives on the line.

He was somewhere on the second floor now, but he wasn't really sure where. He'd just been wandering aimlessly now. As far as he knew his friends were okay but he hadn't gotten to see any of them yet. Everyone was off in different places all the time and with the lockdown lifted some just wanted to get away from the school completely. As he rounded yet another corner he stumbled across a rather old and abandoned looking bathroom. He curiously entered, not having noticed it was a Girl's lavatory. The floor was wet everywhere he stepped and he figured there must have been a leak somewhere. Then he heard a voice coming from one of the stalls.

"Who's there?"

Zack froze for a few seconds, surprised that anyone was actually in here. "Oh, sorry. I didn't realize anyone was here." There was no response but soon he saw the head of a girl poke through the wall of the nearest stall. She was a ghost! "A boy?" she asked curiously "Boys aren't allowed in here. Of course you do seem odd for one." Zack sighed a little bit. "Yeah, I've heard that before." The ghost, who Zack figured must be the one he'd heard about named Moaning Myrtle, eyed him suspiciously. "Why would you even come in here anyways? Most everyone stays clear of me.." Zack shrugged. "I don't know. I was just wandering really. I didn't really care where I went, I just wanted to get away. " Myrtle raised herself so it looked more like she was peering over the top of the wall. "Cause of the attack on the castle? It's all the other ghosts talk about. How that boy died a hero and all that. Sure, some -BOY- dies and everyone thinks the world of him. But poor Myrtle dies and nobody even cares!" she wails and ducks back into the stall, sobbing audibly. Zack wasn't sure what to do at this point, so he just looked into one of the dusty mirrors silently.

Myrtle eventually stopped and floated over near Zack. "Still here are you?" Zack just nodded. "Don't really know where else to go right now. But if you want me to leave I'll go find somewhere else to be." Myrtle cocked her head curiously. "I actually don't mind I guess. Never do get visitors. But why would you even want to hide here?" Zack turned around and leaned back against the sink. "I don't know. Maybe because nobody will come in here for me. I can just think in peace." Myrtle slowly glided over in front of Zack. "Did you know the boy that died?" Zack shook his head. "No, I didn't. But now everything is so depressing around the school, and things are just so.. confusing." Myrtle glided down a little bit to look at Zack's face. "So why are you so mopey?" Zack looked away. "I'm not feeling like much of a Gryffindor right now. I had to run and hide cause I'm hardly any good with magic, and all those older students helped fight." Myrtle nodded. "So you feel useless too and pathetic too?"

Zack didn't say anything, but Myrtle knew she was right. She floated around a little bit, waiting to see if Zack would say anything else. After a few minutes he finally did. "If me or my friends had been attacked, there is nothing I could've done." Myrtle glided back over. "Well it's not like you could control what was going on. I died for no reason." Zack looked over at her curiously. "No reason? You just suddenly keeled over one day?" Myrtle had a rather annoyed look for a second as she flew over above her toilet. "It happened right here. I was crying cause some girls were making fun of my glasses, and then I heard a boy's voice. When I opened the door to tell him to go away, I just -died-. All I remember is seeing these big yellow eyes near that sink you're leaning on." Zack looked down at the sink briefly, then back to Myrtle. "Strange way to die.. but then again this is a strange place. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised." Myrtle flew back over. "You know, you're nicer than the others that find me. You haven't made fun of me yet." Zack just shrugged. "Why should I? People sometimes make fun of me for my tail. I know what it feels like." Myrtle actually smiled a bit at that, then looked over at Zack's tail. "Is it a real tail?" Zack shook his head. "No it's fake. It's supposed to be my lucky charm. Though sometimes I wonder if that's true." Myrtle tilted her head. "Well you didn't get killed. Maybe it does work." Zack almost chuckled. "Yeah I guess."

As Zack looked out the window he saw that it had gotten rather dark out. Figuring it was time to go he looked back to Myrtle. "I should go. But.. thanks for listening." Myrtle would've blushed if she could, but nevertheless she showed a rather shy expression. "O-of course. Will you come see me again?" Zack nodded with a small smile. "Sure." With a final wave Zack headed out of the bathroom and found his way back to the staircase. It was odd, but it seemed like he just made friends with a ghost that most people avoid.

Post subject: Re: (Un)dead people know best.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Zack went running through the hallways of the castle until he made it to the second floor once more. Again he needed a place to hide, but not entirely for the same reasons. He now knew Myrtle's bathroom to be a safe haven. Nobody would bother him, and his ghostly friend would talk to him about his current problem. But even so he was hurt, maybe even a little delirious.

As he rounded into the abandoned bathroom he quickly closed the door and locked it. He could only hope nobody had seen the tears on his face as he ran past them. Startled at his sudden and fairly loud entry Moaning Myrtle emerged to find Zack leaning against the door, his body shaking as he tried to fight back the urge to break down into pained sobs. The ghostly girl recognized his emotional state right away. Something horrible had happened.

"What happened?" Myrtle asked with concern. Zack slid down against the door until he was sitting on the floor. "I.. was a total idiot.." was all the boy was able to find himself saying. Myrtle frowned and sat down in front of him, or at least seemed to be sitting. "Were more awful people making fun of you?" she asked. The young gryffindor shook his head. "N-no.. I.. it's not easy to explain.". "You can tell me." said the girl with a comforting voice. Zack wiped his eyes with his sleeve as he sniffled. Finally building up the courage he looked up at Myrtle. "I figured out I liked another boy, a-and.. accidentally let slip that I thought he was cute the other day. Then he t-told me today that he doesn't feel the same." The girl blinked, and then found herself trying really hard not to burst into giggles. Her grin remained evident as she spoke. "So, you like other boys?" Zack looked back down again as if he was ashamed. "I feel like such a freak..." he said with a sigh. But Myrtle shook her head. "Oh no! You're not, not really. I've heard of it from the other ghosts. Boys dating other boys, girls dating other girls. It's apparently really common now."

The boy said nothing for quite some time. Myrtle started to grow nervous of the silence, so she tried to change the subject. "You never did tell me your name last time." The young boy looked up again. "Oh.. it's Zack.. Zack Fang." Myrtle gave him a friendly smile. "That's a pretty cool name." Zack rubbed the back of his head. "I guess." The ghostly girl thought about what to say next. "Well.. look. I've been dead for a really long time now, so I don't know much about these things anymore. But you're really nice. I'm sure there is a boy out there who will like you too." Zack shrugged. "Maybe you're right. I just... he was really fun, and strong, and the way his hair flowed.." he started to trail off into a low mumble after that. Myrtle couldn't help but giggle. "Ooo you really did have a crush on him didn't you? Well.. like I said, you'll find a different boy I'm sure." she said with a firm nod. Zack nodded back a little bit. "Yeah.. you're right. It just kinda hurts. Maybe I'll skip dinner and just go to bed early." Myrtle smiled. "Rest might help. If you need to talk again I'll be here. I'm always here anyways." The boy returned her smile, somewhat. "Thanks again Myrtle. Next time I come I promise not to bother you with these silly things." The ghost shook her head. "Oh no, it's fine. I'm just glad you came back. I never make friends.." Zack nodded. "Well, you can count me as a friend then."

Standing up and waving goodbye to Myrtle once more Zack left the bathroom on the second floor. He still hurt inside, but he felt better now that he had talked to someone about it. As he approached the staircase he found students already on their way to dinner. Even though he was hungry, he still decided that rest sounded better than food, and he headed up towards the Gryffindor Commons.

Board index » Server » Roleplay