WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Family Relations
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Aiden Rose Black sat in the Great Hall one morning eating breakfast, as the Postal Owls start their morning delivery. a large Snowy Owl swoops down low, Aiden quickly slips on her dragon hide gloves she had ready for her potions class first lesson. then raising her arm the owl lands elegently onto the gloved forearm. Pulling the letter off the owls leg, Aiden sends the owl off with a piece of plain toast.

Dearest Aiden,
i regret to inform you that your brother has passed away. he's cancer recently got worse and his body couldn't handle it.
you are to return home today for the funeral. I will be at the school 9oclock sharp to collect you. please be ready with some clothes.
Mother
Emily Black

Reading the letter Aiden felt ill, tears slipped down her cheeks before she even finished reading it. With shaky hands she sips her pumpkin Juice trying to appear unaffected by the letter, but failing miserably. picking up her bag she left the hall to go to Professor McGonagall. After an hour of talking, Aiden packed a bag of clothes and a few personal Items and waited for her Mother to collect her. Side a-long Apperation back to the Black family Estate.

//now to first person point of view.

Upon arriving home, Mother left me to go off and make final arrangements.
"ERICK? Where are you?" i cried out, knowing it was useless, but i wanted him to answer me. i needed him to answer. I ran up the first flight of stairs on the left of the entrance hall. running along the halls, till reaching the South Wing, also known as the "Wing of Little Feet." I burst into my brothers room. Only it wasn't he's room any more...

Tears sliding down my cheeks as I tear open the closet door to find it empty. ripping the draws from their cupboards, completely empty. Looking under the bed i couldn't even find one toy. i looked around the room now, the walls that used to be covered in posters and had photos on every bare surface was now as empty as most of the rooms in the house. it looked unnatural, non-lived in.

Falling to the ground, i lay on the fluffy rug crying. it smelt like him... it only made me cry more. *crack* Lily my loyal House-elf stood beside me, she took my hand. If it hand been anyone else i would of pushed them away. but Lily, she was always there for me.
Lily lead me to my room in silence, she obviously knew i couldn't handle words right now.

On my bed was a box. opening the box i looked in. finding a letter, photos, a ring and a stuffed rabbit just like my brothers. opening the letter i read it.

Aiden,
Father says I'm not part of the family anymore. I have an new family now. They're like me, they dont have magic... only their Muggles i thought Father hated Muggles? does he hate me? do you hate me? I miss you, I've been missing you since you went away for school.I sorry for not being like you. please dont forget me.youll visit me right?
Erick

One of the many photos, Erick & Aiden who had short hair

"Oh Erick, i know Father hates you... your he's son, he's first son. but your not magic, so your not allowed to be his heir. I dont hate you. I love you. I love you and i never told you, not once. I'm sorry, i'm a horrible sister." my tears keep flowing as i put the letter in the box. lifting up the photos and looking through them. I fall asleep in my bed cuddling the rabbit, refusing to eat dinner.

I wake, after a shower i dress in black. Going down the hallway i notice Ericks room has been restored to neatness, probably by a house elf. Sitting at the dinning table, both Mother and Father are seated too. Under any other circumstances this would be unusual. I make use of this. "Why?" i ask, my voice full of hurt, Father glares at me.

"you know why. he doesn't belong in our world. he's a disgrace to this family" He says his voice strong full of anger. "you will not speak of him again after today. He is Dead. Gone. he will Never return."

The funeral was painful, i felt like i really had lost my brother... i guess i have. i cry, i cry harder then before and it only made it seem more real. the lie my parents told. My brother, wasn't dead. But he was to the magic world.

When i finally return to Hogwarts i feel broken. Erick was my everything. he made me feel whole. Now i'm broke, will i ever be fixed?

Shilo Carter - first year

Post subject: Re: Family Relations
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Sigh, another typical week. Classes, focusing hard on the tasks. Studying in the library. Hoping someone would notice me. Just say hello.. ask my name, something. But like always I'm alone. Loneliness, it's all I've felt since Erick left. Knowing he wont be home when I get there is more then I can bare.
Wednesday morning I got my normal weekly owl from Mother.

Dearest Aiden,
I have good news. Your Father and I signed the last of the paperwork to adopt your new brother. You are to meet me Friday evening at our usual cafe' at Five O'clock. The Adoption Agency is arranging transport for your brother.
Don't be late.
Mother.

With my bag packed full of homework and some trinkets, I met my mother in Diagon. As usual she was still in her healers robes and her hair was up in an elegant bun. Another sigh escaped my lips as she pulled me inside to get a coffee.

“Aiden, I wanted to speak with you before you meet him,” she said with her 'soft caring' voice, “I expect you to be gracious and friendly. Accept this boy as your brother, for he is your only brother. You're to watch out for him and take care of him. Do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal...” was all I said, with a voice barely above a whisper. She gave me a nod. Once she finished her idle talk about typical Pureblood aristocratic nonsense, she apparated us to the Black Family Estate. We made our way inside and I went to my bedroom to change out of my school robes and into something more suitable for a dinner guest.

~*~

I approached the Dinning Hall in a soft blue dress. Father greeted me at the door with a curt nod and then lead me inside. He pulls out my chair and I sit down. Gently, I played with my hair and waited patiently for Mother and the new child to arrive.

I wonder what is taking so long... Who will this.... No. No. No. Viktor Wulffengraft stood in the doorway with Mother's hand on his shoulder. Of all the people they could choose why'd it have to be Viktor? Viktor stood there with a huge grin on his face. Everyone sat down at the table and excused myself, without even waiting for Father's reply.

I hurried up to my room and slammed the door. How could they choose the one boy that had wormed his way into my heart? The boy that I don't think I could say no to. I scream and threw a pillow, then another. I felt felt so mad at my parents after everything. It's not meant to be Viktor in that Dinning Hall. He's not my brother. No. never.

Lily *Popped* in. “Misstresses Father, Miss... Says you are to stop this.... To come to eat. Now, Miss.” I bit my lip to stop myself from telling her to tell him something that would no doubt get me into trouble. Warily I walked back to the Dinning Hall and sat down, ignoring the look from Mother and Father and trying hard not to notice the somewhat hurt look from Viktor.

“So Aiden,” Mother began. “Tell me about what's been happening at school lately.” I looked to her and sighed inwardly.

“Well this year so far... I've been giving Piano lessons to a Ravenclaw girl, Daria.” Father glared at the name as I continued. “I seem to be doing well with classes and …. Jessica, Amber and I have been spending our time in the Conservatory playing music and doing the usual female bonding...” Another inward sigh at how believable that sounded. My parents didn't need to know I spent almost all of my time alone and that I didn't have any friends and I just made up the names. Picking at the pasta on my plate, I watched Viktor out the corner of my eye.

By the time dinner was over I led Viktor to the South Wing and we looked for his room. It's across from Erick's old room. I closed Erick's door and locked it, not wanting anyone in there. “Good Night....” I said quietly, having barely said anything to him.

I felt guilty.

I went to my room and shut myself inside as I got changed into my nightdress. Blowing a kiss to the photo of Erick on my bedside table, I blew out the candle by me bed and went to sleep.

The next morning I got dressed and made my way to the Dining Hall to eat breakfast. I tried hard to be angry that it's Viktor they choose, but I just can't. After both finished eating I led him about the Estate showing him around.

By the end of the weekend, I went back to hugging Viktor and playing with his hair. He'll never take your place Erick, and I will come to find you one day. But now, now I have another brother. I have two brothers. A smile made its way onto my face as I began to feel less alone.

Shilo Carter - first year

Board index » Server » Roleplay