WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Dagny goes to Durmstrang
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:01 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Song:
Streetlight Manifesto -- Riding the Fourth Wave

Now in her fourth year, Dagny's lust for knowledge has all but been satiated at Hogwarts. Introduced to Durmstrang through coursework and classmates, she entered the institution with promise of learning things not taught at Hogwarts. Here is a bit from her journal:

1-10

I've just arrived at Durmstrang. I've yet to visit the village to pick up my stuff. That's right, I've accepted the exchange program offered to me by the head master! It's funny, I've yet to tell my parents, but I'm sure they'll be pleased with me! [ooc note: no, they won't.] I wonder just what they'll teach me. It'll probably be, well, I hope it will be some life/death stuff I was warned not to pursue. Too bad it's so darn interesting!

I'm a little creeped out by the inside of the school. The school just literally moans and groans to no end. Don't tell anyone, but I think it needs some renovations...Ha! She laughs aloud as she writes that. Still, shouldn't be as bad as the muggle school I was forced to go to for so many years. That place was R-O-T-T-E-N!!! Mum said it would "build character." Some character that built! Dagny scowls in remembrance and is tempted to spit in the corner.

Anyway, I can't wait to learn! I am just LOVING the weather! Viva la snow!!!

At this point, she stuffs her book in her bag and continues her journey around wherever the heck Durmstrang is, anyway.
[OOC note: Who actually pays for wizarding school?]
:P

[ Parents. There's a fund, though, for poor folks (like Orphan-Baby Voldemort). -JB ]

Post subject: Re: Dagny goes to Durmstrang
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

She arrives at Durmstrang, fully equipped for her studies (and with her tuition notice successfully sent home to her parents.) Enthralled by the surroundings, she loves going outside in the snow or watching it fall from her window. The castle is also lovely in appearance, though old. She can tell it used to be absolutely glorious. Unfortunately, most of the paint that once covered the ornate engravings had all but faded. The engravings were just about everywhere, too! However, studies didn't give her much time for sight-seeing. Barely having time to get settled in, she dove right into her books.

Potions is fantastic. But what is even better is the herbology we're learning because of it. Spell study is also thorough...the random experiments and evil books lurking around gives us all plenty of practice. What is odd, though, is all the experiments running around...when the school rules clearly say no experiments! But, all in all, the school is rather rigid. I think it builds discipline for all the duelers they're training. I wonder what all the emphasis on fighting is about? Maybe because the location is so remote and there are so many nasties... maybe not. She rests her quill on her lip while thinking about the dark arts. On the other hand, this is always what I've wanted to learn. It just seems so useful. What if I get threatened and have to fight my way out of a situation? -Censored-, I am sick and tired of getting blethered about behavior, but it doesn't account for reality, not one bit! She feels a wave of anger rising from her center, which nearly immediately dies down. She takes a deep breath and continues What's really fascinating is the actual experiments themselves. No one's told me much about them. I think my term will be over by the time I get around to it, though.
The castle, though, is nothing short of amazing. It reminds me of the Anastasia story I was told when I was little. It's kind of romantic, in a way. Anyhoo, it's all so old and grand and the architecture... By-gones-past, that kind of mince. :P The atmosphere is probably nothing short of unnerving, though. The walls echo with disembodied voices. The air is thick with magic and magic-y-residue-y stuff who knows how old. But the Durmstrangs are so Spartan about stuff, though apparently not by choice. It's more like military school. It makes Hogwarts seem like, well, really fancy.

Bemused, she stuffs her book into her school travel trunk and drags her stone cauldron out to practice more of the usual subject, as she has a test in an hour and hasn't practiced as much as she'd like.

Post subject: Re: Dagny goes to Durmstrang
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:08 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

A few month's homeworks sit in a sloppy pile by her desk. A reference book is open, and a half-written essay parchment and a quill lay waiting for further action. Dagny, however, is distracted. Shadows play on her face, as a candle burns slowly, the wax dripping onto the desk.

There is something up with this place. Currently, I am working on the history of this potion we're supposed to learn, and we've been working on it for the past week. If we ever have to learn it in Hogwarts I'll be a star. Ha ha.... Still, I feel like they keep us quite busy here. Almost as if there is a reason. Well, beyond making us master wizards, of course. The walls have secrets. The more questions I have, the more answers I seek. The more answers I seek, the more questions arise! What gives? Urgh...perhaps I never know. This is frustrating. There are the experiments, the basement, the voices, and the strict set of rules, which of course I have to follow. It'll be no good scrubbing pots and pans in the kitchen again... And yet there is this group of students...must be upper levels. Too bad I am returning to Hogwarts very soon...Maybe it'll be a good thing.

Frustrated, Dagny flips through a few pages in the book, flips back again, and continues her essay.

Board index » Server » Roleplay