WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Easter 2013
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:09 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Posters advertising the Hogwarts Easter Egg Hunt 2013 have begun appearing around the school. Rumors about the event include that students will have to search through dragon dung for the eggs, and that first prize is a date with Lockhart.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post subject: Re: Easter 2013
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Flyers are posted and available to take in the various classrooms around the school today(and tomorrow!), giving some further information about the festivities.

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:59 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Rules

Two competitions will take place simultaneously tomorrow 3/30 at the mentioned time. Students may participate in one or both of these competitions.

Traditional Hunt

-Objective-
To earn the most points, through collecting eggs.
-Rules-
1. Eggs will be hidden in public areas around the school and grounds.
2. Eggs will not be hidden in offices, bathrooms or common rooms.
3. Regular eggs are worth 1 point. Golden eggs are worth 5 points. The Hogwarts egg is worth 10 points. Eggs earned through the academic competition are worth no points.
4. Eggs will not be concealed by magic or any trickery beyond the most mundane. No magic will be allowed during this competition. Rules regarding the use of magic in the halls apply.
5. Conduct must remain sportsmanlike. Attacks on other students in an attempt to slow them down will result in disqualification from the competition.
-OOC-
1. Eggs will not be hidden through the telescopes, in Egypt, at Beauxbatons or Durmstrang, in Riddle World, etc.
2. Eggs will be located in containers, due to area cleanup scripts. There is no need to destroy the container once you've taken the egg.
3. Eggs must be placed in an egg basket(container objects will be supplied, and may be kept after the competition - free storage ftw!) or else they won't be counted. I refuse to dig through your messy inventories to count up your scores.
-Prizes-
First place will receive 15 house points and the Hogwarts egg, if found.
Second place will receive 10 house points.
Third place will receive 5 house points.

Academic Competition

-Objective-
Answer academic questions to earn subject eggs. The student with the most eggs in each subject wins that individual competition.
-Rules-
1. There will be eleven individual competitions, one for each standard subject taught.
2. Each subject competition consists of five questions, corresponding to five subject eggs.
3. In the case of a tie, the total number of eggs(subject and otherwise) collected by the students will be used as a tiebreaker.
4. The competition is open-book and open-notes - feel free to bring your texts if you deem it necessary!
5. Form orderly queues at each table to attempt to answer a question. Only one question may be attempted for each time through the queue.
6. Confundus charms are strictly forbidden!
-OOC-
1. Queues will be handled in the following manner. First, move your character to a queue. Then, send a message in /dm saying that your character is in queue for whatever subject they've queued for. I will possess NPCs in the order that they are declared in /dm. If you are the only person in the queue and you want to answer a second question, send a message in /dm and I'll come back to you again once I've finished everybody else who's waiting.
2. If you AFK in queue, and it comes up as your turn while others are waiting for DM interaction, I will skip you. Don't AFK in queue!
3. Sometimes our characters are smarter(or stupider) than we are. I can't help you with the latter situation, but there will be a hint system for the former. It will work as follows. First, send a message to the /dm channel containing the following information: the subject, the question #, how many years of the class your character has taken(counting the current year), how good they are at the class(below average, average, or above average) and whether or not they are consulting their text. I will ask you for a 1d20, which should be performed privately. Then, I will give you a hint if you've hit the DC, possibly after a few minutes if your character is using their textbook.
4. Questions will be posted to the forums at the start of the event. This does mean that you'll need to have a browser window open while you're playing NWN. Try to plan accordingly.
-Prizes-
Each subject judge will award a single prize of their choosing, to be announced before the competition begins, to the student who earns the most eggs in their subject. All winners will also receive 5 house points.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Yendys wrote:
Rules

Two competitions will take place simultaneously tomorrow 3/30 at the mentioned time. Students may participate in one or both of these competitions.

//I may be blind, but I don't see a time on the above posters?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Charity wrote:
Yendys wrote:
Rules

//I may be blind, but I don't see a time on the above posters?

// sorry it was in the daily prophet post, I forgot to link back from here. 10:00 PM eastern time, honestly as I'm not in-game I don't remember what that is in server time. 10 hours from now, though.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:13 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

// Please add defense against the dark arts to the list of classes above, I am failboat. Also, the server appears to be down currently, but I'm optimistic that the event will still take place as scheduled tonight! Check back in around 3-3.5 hours for an update.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:01 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

// Server is back up. Unfortunately, some stuff came up irl and I wasn't able to finish preparing the academic competition, so that will have to be cancelled. :( I'll keep my notes and recycle it into a later event so we can all enjoy it without things being rushed together! The egg hunt, however, is ON! It may take place closer to 11:00 PM depending on when the server poopulation picks back up after the outage.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 pm 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

'Poop-ulation'? :p

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus van Pelt.

"We wouldn't want to corrupt the Romans!" - Peeves to Emily-Jade Hodgkins.

Board index » Server » Roleplay