Post subject: Cross: Based on True Events
 Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Cross
A Novel by Wesley Cross
Based on True Events

Part 1

It was a grey evening, we used to live in the city, but moved far away for a reason that I was unaware. I was only five. Even if my parents did tell me, I still wouldn't understand, what more could I do. I was child, a young wizard who didn't know who or what I was as well as anything about my parents, Wade and Isabelle. I suppose all they ever wanted for me was to have a great life like I deserved, in fact, that's what I wanted too. Regardless of the incident that crumbled my past to bits, I will, one day, become a great wizard and make my parents proud to call me their son, but neither of us expected what went down later, and this is how it all began. My name is Wesley Cross.

"Eight months weeks and everything seems to be looking up." said Isabelle.
"If it stays this way longer than that, we may have to consider staying permanently. That's if, of course, we're able to keep safe. Keep Wesley safe. Do you think he'll like it here?" said Wade.

"I think he might. But we're miles away, they can't find us, and shouldn't I be the one worrying? I am the woman after all."
"Right, right, I'll leave the worrying to you then." Wade chuckles.

They were taking a stroll through the foggy woods, I was in the house lying on the couch watching television. His arm around her waist, a cheerful smile filled Isabelle's lips. One heard a crunch sound in the area, Isabelle jerked her head around. She heard it again, and again she jerked her head in a different direction. Wade swore he was hearing the same sounds as well, but he was keeping more calm than she was.

"Did you hear that?" Isabelle whispered.
"It might be a squirrel or something."

They continued on, but once again, the crunching came back. It was within the fog they saw a dark figure, something they couldn't quite make out very well, but it did come clear a moment later when his face was revealed. Two of them, actually! It was them, the ones who've been searching for Wade and Isabelle for a few weeks. Just when they thought it was over, that they were safe, their nightmare remained.

"Oh no, no, no, go!" Wade exclaimed, Isabelle was panicked. They were found. Both of them turned off the other way and made a run for it, heading right back to the house from which they came. But they weren't going to make it back without a fight, as one after the other whipped out their wands, along came the recurring attack of dark wizards casting quickly at them. No time for talking, no time for looking back, just time to run, and run they did. Wade was casting rapidly with every twist. Chains were heard hitting the trees, wrapping around them tightly. Soon Wade was hit, a set a chains were flung at him hard, wrapping his legs and arms together.

"Umph!" cried Wade. He looked right up to Isabelle who came to an immediate stop as he hit the ground. "Go, Belle. Go! Please, go! Keep Wesley safe!"

And so she kept on, sadly being forced to leave Wade behind. Isabelle hurried home, I peered over to her once she entered through the front door panting. Tonight seemed to be the one time Isabelle was most scared ever. I was quiet, I didn't know what was going on, or even where my father was, I was confused, a situation that no child should ever have to witness, or go through for that matter.

"What's wrong, mommy?" I said.
"Don't worry about it, sweetie, everything is going to be fine." said Isabelle.

But after three weeks being in hiding and suddenly being found, Isabelle knew tonight was it, her made goal was to make sure I was safe, her only son. But then, what mother isn't like that, that's always a mother's number one job, and I'll never forget what my mother sacrificed for me. As I got older I was told the story over and over about what happened, that's why I know so much about tonight. None of what happened was a lie. Isabelle snatched me up and carried me off to my room. She closed the door and locked it behind her, then, with a loud crash from the living room, the two dark wizards busted in, unfortunately Wade wasn't with them.

My mother took me to the closet, told me to stay alert, stay quiet and listen, but most importantly stay safe. Before she knew it, the bedroom door busted open with a terribly loud CRASH! Isabelle stood to her feet like the strong woman she is facing these men. No hesitation needed, one of them approached her with force to the throat as he grabbed her and tossed against the wall. I could hear her screams that hurt even my own heart, more than it might hurt anyone's, tears were beginning to drip down my soft cheeks. I wanna to say something, but I knew I couldn't or I would be next, and my mother would've put herself over me for nothing.

"Where's Wade?" she wondered.
"He's dead, and you'll be joining him." said the dark wizard. "Where's your kid?"
"He's away, visiting his aunt and uncle."
"Then why try to hide in his room, out of all places?"
"There a problem? I wanted one last look at something that would remind me of him before I go."

With a slight flick of his wand, a bright flash of green light filled the room and I saw my mother hit the ground. I was gone with it, I couldn't hold back a breath it was too horrible. When I moved my arm, I accidentally bumped the wall, grabbing their attention, that got me freaked out even more. One turned to the closet upon both hearing the noise and began stepping forward. For a child who was so scared that didn't have a clue as to what was happening, I was smart enough to make a plan. The dark wizard reached for the handle and quickly yanked the door open only to find..... Clothes? There was nothing but a pile of clothes in the way, I was nowhere to be found, but be aware, I still very well still in there. Finding nothing of interest, he walked away, both men may ha felt like their many months long worth of a search was over, so they left. When there was no sign of either of their presents, I rose from under the pile of clothes, having to wipe my face of all tears before slowly making my way toward my mother, lying dead on the floor.

"Mommy?" I said, but I didn't get an answer. Then I repeated. "Mommy?"

I dropped to my knees in sadness, to this moment I haven't seen my father anywhere, my mother, Isabelle, was the last person to come through that door and the last person I thought would leave. Once again I broke down in tears at the pain. "Mommy, please. Please don't leave me. Mommy." I bent over and wrapped my small arms around her for one more hug. My father was gone, my mother was gone, now what. I was alone. I called my godfather, Connor, like my parents taught me in case of emergencies and waited for him to arrive.

To be continued.....

Publication Date: TBA

//This will be posted for the players to read, but characters will have to wait for the book to be published IG, unless otherwise Wes would like to share some of it with someone.

Mitchel Mercury - First year Slytherin
Jericho Vice - First year Hufflepuff
Channing McIntosh - First year Hufflepuff
Whitlock Tsunami - First year Slytherin

Board index » Server » Roleplay